Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello I have a rather large carpet anemone that i rescued from Petco not in the greatest condition. I drip acclimated the anemone for 2 hours and placed it in the tank. Its stomach is out and wondering what I can do to help it. The anemone has been in the tank for 3 days and would love to help it out.
20200909_173542.jpg

Top Shelf Aquatics

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not a big fan of carpets, their long term survivorship isn't as great as I would like. Bubble tips are my fav. This one doesn't look too bad, I don't see any everted mesentery filaments, just a partially open mouth. Can you direct some gentle water flow over it? Down between a rock and the glass like that, it may not have enough flow. You don't want to blow it around, just ensure it has some mild laminar flow.

Jay

OP
OP
N

newbiereefer1029

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not a big fan of carpets, their long term survivorship isn't as great as I would like. Bubble tips are my fav. This one doesn't look too bad, I don't see any everted mesentery filaments, just a partially open mouth. Can you direct some gentle water flow over it? Down between a rock and the glass like that, it may not have enough flow. You don't want to blow it around, just ensure it has some mild laminar flow.

Jay

I a power head on else mode blowing currents and it is moving around the foot is in great shape

OP
OP
N

newbiereefer1029

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Probably give it some more time to fully open up. Make sure you PM's are good, Flow is optimum and it's getting enough light. Anything bothering it? Clownfish, shrimp etc. ? Great Rescue!
No I have 2 clowns and a diamondback goby (that hides all day long) other than that I haven't seen anything go for it.

Orphek OR3 reef aquarium LED bar

chizerbunoi

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would keep it in the tank as is and keep an eye on it. Don’t feed it. It is normal for it to expel waste and filaments during this acclimation period.

If it starts to deflate you need to move it to quarantine with daily 95% water changes. If you have medications then you could start that as well. It’s in the sticky’s on procedure.

Nutramar Foods

OrionN

Anemones
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They need a fairly deep DSB, need to be 3+ inches.
For now, just keep the water good and stable condition and see how he does over the next several days.
Update pictures?

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Buckeye
Back