• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Captive Bred Red Mandarin Dragonet for sale. READ DESCRIPTION.

Earl Karl

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Background: So I bought a captive bred red mandarin dragonet from my LFS for about $300. I bought her a year ago, when captive bred mandarins were a thing. She was very small when I got her, now she's about two inches. She occasionally eats pellets. Sometimes she would gobble them up, sometimes she would ignore them. Usually ignore them. However, she is in a macroalgae tank so she constantly has something to eat, which is why she probably doesn't eat pellets. Keep in mind, mandarins do have high metabolism, so you would have to feed every 2-3 hours during the day if you plan to strictly feed it pellets. This could be done with an automatic feeder hooked to a mandarin diner (like Marc's). However, I am now breeding red mandarins. I have a small pair right now, and I would like to sell this red mandarin, so she doesn't pick on the pair.
I am selling this red mandarin for only $200 with free shipping, which is $100 dollars off from what I bought and this is probably the only captive bred red mandarin online for sale. She is also fat and healthy as shown in the picture below. However, she might arrive skinny due to high metabolism during shipping. I will add copepods for her to eat during shipping and a piece of polyfilter to absorb ammonia. Also, she might ignore pellets until she adjusts to the tank. It took me 3 months for her to gobble pellets (and I mean gobble) when I introduced her to my tank. Color isn't as good because she is in a specimen container, but she will look beautiful under reef lights.
DOA policy: If arrived dead, you must take a picture of the dead fish WITH THE BAG UNOPENED. Must send me the picture 2 hours after delivery or DOA policy will become void, so make sure you are there for delivery. If DOA policy permits, I will send you a refund.
PAYPAL ONLY.
First come, first serve. I will gladly answer questions in this thread.
20180120_090108.jpg 20180120_090142.jpg 20180120_085701.jpg

Last edited:
Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
E

Earl Karl

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw her eat Rod's before, but I'm not much of a frozen foods guy unless feeding my predators. LRS might work, but who knows. I'll try it out soon if possible. The reason why I don't feed her frozen food is because mandarins have high metabolism. I would have to feed her frozen food constantly. Which is not as practical as feeding pellets or copepods.

Branespikin

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is the last fish i want in my tank and no more. I have a 65 gallon for over a year now. Its pretty mature i dont have a refugium as the red sea reefers dont have one but plan on swaping sumps to incorporate one so will rely mostly on lrs and pellets. Was looking into those pod hotels trying to het my tank ready for a Mandy

OP
OP
E

Earl Karl

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you want her, PM me. Like I have said, I am also giving a free bag of pods (mainly tisbe and tiggers) and chaeto if you like to jumpstart that pod hotel. Price is pretty hefty on this fish, but I gotta make some money back from what I paid.

Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
E

Earl Karl

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
$150
I have change the price again. This will be the final price and I will not lower it even more than this. $150 is now the price, I have took 25% off the original. This is a really good deal for captive bred RED mandarin, free 80z of mixed copepods (mainly tisbe and tiggers), a free ball of chaeto, and free shipping. The reason for lowered price is because captive bred mandarins don't really live up to expectations. Although it eats pellets, this is not practical due to high metabolism, you would need to feed it with an automatic feeder every 2-3 hours if you strictly feed it pellets. Plus, they prefer pods over pellets, especially this one but that's because she is in a macroalgae tank full of copepods.
Forgot to mention I only ship in the U.S.
PM me if you want her.
Here's a picture of the beautiful young lady swimming in my macroalgae tank.
20180121_062724.jpg

Last edited:
Nutramar Foods
BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Hanna
Back