Can't stop Octo Skimmer plugged into 0-10v port on Hydros Wave engine

bob21115

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm trying to attach the controller to the Hydros Wave engine via a 0-10v cable.

I can't get the Wave engine to turn off the skimmer in any mode I create.

The Output is set as a protein skimmer 0-10v port 2 Brown.

I have unchecked active in Water Change and Skimmer off. These are two modes I've set up.

The other devices in the water change mode turn off. Four devices are connected to the Direct Drive port, and the return pump is connected to 0-10v port 1 Black.

The 0-10v light on the VerioS controller blinks rapidly on and off.

Hydros ver 2.6.4

I have attached a screen shot of the setting in the Wave Engine.

Thanks for your help.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-06-19 at 6.33.16 PM.pdf
    147.9 KB · Views: 36

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You will need to setup the pump as a flow pump to use a 0-10v output to control it. Then you will have to setup a schedule for it. Then set the active in settings in the schedule for the modes you want that schedule active for. In some cases you will have to make another schedule set for 0% flow of the pump and set that one as active in the modes that your regular schedule is not active in.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
B

bob21115

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You will need to setup the pump as a flow pump to use a 0-10v output to control it. Then you will have to setup a schedule for it. Then set the active in settings in the schedule for the modes you want that schedule active for. In some cases you will have to make another schedule set for 0% flow of the pump and set that one as active in the modes that your regular schedule is not active in.
Thank you for that suggestion. It didn't seem to work.
Danny:

I was able to get it working.

It's set as a skimmer in the Wave Engine.

I just wanted to let you know that no schedules are needed.

The 0-10v cable from the wave engine, even though it looked like it was all the way in, I pushed it it more, and it started working.

The 0-10v light on the Octo Controller was blinking super fast.

The instruction page says
"When using 0-10V to control the DC Pump, flow rate will not be indicated on the 5 Steps Flow Rate Indicator"

Since those lights were one, I figured the controller didn't recognize the cable. So, I tried inserting it and making sure it was fully seated.

Thanks for your help.

Upvote 0

n2585722

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for that suggestion. It didn't seem to work.

Danny:

I was able to get it working.

It's set as a skimmer in the Wave Engine.

I just wanted to let you know that no schedules are needed.

The 0-10v cable from the wave engine, even though it looked like it was all the way in, I pushed it it more, and it started working.

The 0-10v light on the Octo Controller was blinking super fast.

The instruction page says
"When using 0-10V to control the DC Pump, flow rate will not be indicated on the 5 Steps Flow Rate Indicator"

Since those lights were one, I figured the controller didn't recognize the cable. So, I tried inserting it and making sure it was fully seated.

Thanks for your help.
If you want to change the speed it is running you will need to set it as a flow pump and setup a schedule using the constant flow pattern which is a constant speed that you setup in the schedule.

Upvote 0

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back