Cannister Filter Constantly Spits Out Bursts of Microbubbles??

AI Hydra

ExtraSalty

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had my tank set up now for around 3 months, and the only annoyance/issue I have with it is the filter that consistently fills my tank with air bubbles! And it baffles me as to how this is even possible considering the entire setup aside from the power cord is submerged at least 6" under water. How can air even get into the thing? Nothing else in the tank creates bubbles, if I unplug the filter they all disappear within a couple minutes. Do I just need to fork over some money and get a more expensive one? I think I paid around $100 for this one. Or does anyone else have any ideas as to why this may be happening and how to fix it?

Diet Coke

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had my tank set up now for around 3 months, and the only annoyance/issue I have with it is the filter that consistently fills my tank with air bubbles! And it baffles me as to how this is even possible considering the entire setup aside from the power cord is submerged at least 6" under water. How can air even get into the thing? Nothing else in the tank creates bubbles, if I unplug the filter they all disappear within a couple minutes. Do I just need to fork over some money and get a more expensive one? I think I paid around $100 for this one. Or does anyone else have any ideas as to why this may be happening and how to fix it?
I think their are 2 possibilities
1 is that you have a leak in the return to pump side of the plumbing that is sucking air or
2 when you open the filter to change media you are trapping air that comes out slowly

CLICK TO VIEW
OP
OP
E

ExtraSalty

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
E

ExtraSalty

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Top Shelf Aquatics

Diet Coke

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think their are 2 possibilities
1 is that you have a leak in the return to pump side of the plumbing that is sucking air or
2 when you open the filter to change media you are trapping air that comes out slowly
I had a canister that would trap air every time I opened it
I would turn it upside down to purge it

AI Nero 5

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Tank Stop
Back