Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We got a 5yr established 75g tank about 5mo ago, just set up a sump finally. There's pretty much nothing in the sump, a filter sock a couple small rocks and some filter media between the baffles. My question is, can I just remove the canister now? Wait a week? I mean there's nothing to "seed" but it feels weird just taking it off.

Question 2, that canister is going on a 29g, that has been cycling with all new sand/dry rock for a little over a week, added about 2oz of Dr Tim's on day 1 and another 2oz on day 5 and prime every day... is it safe to assume adding that canister would instantly cycle that tank?? The tank reads no ammonia/nitrites and about 10 nitrates.

Thanks for any help/advice

AS
OP
OP
A

AngiGiles

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why would you use a canister on a tank that's ready for a sump?
The canister is what the 75g has been running on for 5yrs, we added the sump yesterday, now I'd like to move the 5yr old canister to a new 29gal. We currently have the canister still running alongside the new sump

AquaCave Logo Banner
CLICK TO VIEW
OP
OP
A

AngiGiles

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why not place the canister biomedia in the sump for at least a bit?
I'd like to use it on the 29g. We ended up with a "surprise" scorpion fish that I'm dying to get in his own tank! I just don't want to jeopardize the 75g trying to hurry things along.

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
RED SEA
Back