Can you review my Waterbox 50.3 AIO Stock List?

BRS

One Reefing Boi

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Going to be getting a Waterbox 50.3 AIO and would like some recommendations on stocking it if you have a moment to take a look!

Keep in mind, the whole system is 50gal so the display portion might be ~40g if I had to guess.

2 Clowns
YWG/Pistol Pair
Mandarin
Long Nose Hawk
Tailspot Bleny
Sand Sifting Diamond Goby

Fire Red Cleaner Shrimp
Skunk Cleaner Shrimp

Various Snails/Hermits

The tank will be Euphyllia and Softie dominant with a nem at some point too.

My questions are really:

1) Can I possibly add one/two more fish in here if they are small? Other then the clowns I don't really have any mid swimming fish. YWG hides, the Mandarin just does Mandarin things, Hawk stays perched, idk what a Blenny does all day, and the sand sifting goby is like a mini Roomba. Not a fan of the cardinals, looking for something with a bit more personalty (like a 6 Line or something)

2) Long Nose Hawk with the Fire Red/Skunk Cleaner? I know the hawkfish will eat more ornamental shrimp, but wondering if these guys are too big for it target?

3) Bleny + Mandarin + Diamond Goby ok? From my understanding the Bleny eats algae, Mandarin Pods/Frozen (captive bred), and Goby is eating anything it can find.

4) What stocking order should I try and go for if I have that luxury? I currently have the 2 clowns, YMG/Pistol, and the two shrimp.

5) Do I have all my bases covered with utilitarian fish/inverts? I do my usual water changes but really try to keep things as natural as they can (no chemical dosing) for algae care/detritus. Will possibly have an external algae reactor at some point down the road, but not planning on having a skimmer and will have some pretty macro algae in the display.

Let me know your thoughts :)
My main question is the first one about possibly stocking one/two more things/is this stock list ok?

OP
OP
One Reefing Boi

One Reefing Boi

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hey! 2 clowns, Midas blenny, 2 pajama cardinals, Melanarus wrasse, and a pistol/goby pair. Various snails and blue legged hermits. A skunk cleaner shrimp and a Halloween urchin. All are doing great!

commanderwho

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey! 2 clowns, Midas blenny, 2 pajama cardinals, Melanarus wrasse, and a pistol/goby pair. Various snails and blue legged hermits. A skunk cleaner shrimp and a Halloween urchin. All are doing great!
Sorry I so didn’t see that you replied!
Got any picture updates. I’m considering the same tank for next year. Need to upgrade my waterbox 20 cube.

Hatuey

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s been some time can you provide any updates?

AquaCave Logo Banner
OP
OP
One Reefing Boi

One Reefing Boi

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
It’s been some time can you provide any updates?
Well they were doing great till I had a velvet outbreak from a firefish I added that I didn’t QT…. But they had no issues till then

Urchin is still going strong!

BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Aqua SD
Back