Can you or has anyone played with their pufferfish?

BRS

AydenLincoln

Pufferfish and starfish lover!
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone tried to interact with their puffers or train them besides at feeding time? I know this seems like a weird question but I really want to play with mine lol. What I mean by that is I know they are intelligent creatures and they make those little soccer balls for fish tanks. Has anyone actually tried this for saltwater? And/or how do you interact with your more intelligent saltwater fish such as porcupine puffers. I heard about target training puffers too. Has anyone had success with it? https://www.usatoday.com/videos/new...ores-epic-goal-soccer-themed-tank/4938229002/

ISpeakForTheSeas

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The second link below actually has some info specifically on puffers, but both links contain some general ideas for fish/invert enrichment (play) ideas:
Some other things I've seen include putting colored dice in with mantis shrimp, playing catch with octopuses, and some unique food puzzles for specific species (such as putting food in a toy boat at the top of the water for an octopus to sink so they can get the food in the boat).

CLICK TO VIEW

lion king

5000 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@ISpeakForTheSeas beat me to it. I would imagine the porc has the qualities, they seem to be a very interactive species. In all likelihood it would be influenced by food. My lions and eel recognize me as an individual human, although I'm sure it has been imprinted by me being the human that feeds them.

OP
OP
AydenLincoln

AydenLincoln

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought you only had a 20 gallon tank?
At home I do! But he’s going in a 120 fowlr at my Mom’s work!:beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes: Meet Hubert/Hewie/Hewbie!
0D804672-9E7B-4906-89DA-FA584EBC32A2.jpeg

Avast
OP
OP
AydenLincoln

AydenLincoln

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The second link below actually has some info specifically on puffers, but both links contain some general ideas for fish/invert enrichment (play) ideas:
Some other things I've seen include putting colored dice in with mantis shrimp, playing catch with octopuses, and some unique food puzzles for specific species (such as putting food in a toy boat at the top of the water for an octopus to sink so they can get the food in the boat).
Thanks!:beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Top Shelf Aquatics
Back