Can you mix Seachem Prime with copper power?

BRS

Makubex

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Someone told me it will create a "bacterial bloom" and I am afraid thats true as now my ammomia is .4 from being 0 last night, also can bio spira be added with copper power? Wouldnt it kill 75% of beneficial bacteria? Like I said yesterday my ammonia was 0, now .4 after dosing copper and prime(but ik copper can increase ammonia in the first few days)

AS

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
Wisconsin - Florida delayed due 2 hurricane damage
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Someone told me it will create a "bacterial bloom" and I am afraid thats true as now my ammomia is .4 from being 0 last night, also can bio spira be added with copper power? Wouldnt it kill 75% of beneficial bacteria? Like I said yesterday my ammonia was 0, now .4 after dosing copper and prime(but ik copper can increase ammonia in the first few days)
I would not and if you are applying Prime as an additive0 It is Not as claimed and is merely a water conditioner same as amquel and others. Its an alternative and not a solution and if your ammonia reading is true- something is decaying, tank is under-filtered, there is over feeding or such
Get a water test at an LFS which does not use Api kits and see what reading they get and to compare with yours

OP
OP
M

Makubex

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would not and if you are applying Prime as an additive0 It is Not as claimed and is merely a water conditioner same as amquel and others. Its an alternative and not a solution and if your ammonia reading is true- something is decaying, tank is under-filtered, there is over feeding or such
Get a water test at an LFS which does not use Api kits and see what reading they get and to compare with yours

This is a brand new 30 gallon qt tank which was set up last night.. no feeding yet, it has a 60 gallon filter... i want to add bio spira but i dont know if copper power will kill most of the bio spira

AS

vetteguy53081

Review score
+12 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
This is a brand new 30 gallon qt tank which was set up last night.. no feeding yet, it has a 60 gallon filter... i want to add bio spira but i dont know if copper power will kill most of the bio spira
Copper will reduce it but bacteria will still work but bacteria best added to sponge or similar

vetteguy53081

Review score
+12 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Nutramar Foods

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Supposedly, you can mix prime and copper power but not prime and Cupramine. Personally, I have my doubts and I never run any ammonia removing compounds with amine based copper meds. Your bio spira will get knocked back a little bit by the copper, but not too much.
Jay

OP
OP
M

Makubex

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So should a person dump all the bio spira on their filter sponges and not directly in the tank water when adding it to help cycle or during water changes? I believe the bottle doesnt say

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So should a person dump all the bio spira on their filter sponges and not directly in the tank water when adding it to help cycle or during water changes? I believe the bottle doesnt say

As long as the dose is correct and it gets into the tank, the bacteria will settle and grow on any surface, so it doesn't matter all that much.

Jay

BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Precise.Accurate.Reliable.ICP-OES by Reef Labs
Back