Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just at the fish store and my bag came in with a few strands of chaeto inside, like 3 or 4 inch longs "hairs" of it. Given how hard it is to find in my area, and the last time I ordered it online I managed to kill it, I would like to save these strands to grow, but they'll just blow around my nano tank if I leave them in there. Will gluing them to some rubble kill them?

Nutramar Foods
AS
Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
D

derpychicken777

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have no idea if you can glue it or not because I’ve never tried attaching some to rubble, but I’d try a rubberband before glue.
I know people grow chaeto in the display whether it's a macroalgae tank or just because, but i would really love to know how they get it to stay in one spot without it blowing everywhere

AydenLincoln

Pufferfish and starfish lover!
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think i've found a quiet spot where it wont move much, do they do well without much water movement? plenty of nutrient and light.
You do want some but nutrients and light are more important.

jabberwock

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I glue my macro algae when needed. Sometimes it works, sometimes it does not. Sometimes it works until the plant grows big enough to become a sail and pull away from the glue. The arrows point to glue points. I like to glue a piece to a medium sized piece of rubble or rock that I can move around if need be, or remove and reglue as needed.

glue.jpg

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

goody

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What nano tank do you have? If it's an AIO, I would tangle the few strands together and put them in a chamber in the back that doesn't have your pump. Put a cheap led light on it.
Also curious how old your tank is? If your tank was new the first time you put chaeto in, you probably didn't have the nutrients to keep the macro alive.

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

AVAST
Back