Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 20 gallon and I want to add 3 green blue chromis in it will they kill each other? And I want to add different fish later on. Will it be ok or will they just kill all the other fish that I add later.

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!

I prefer to keep green chromis in groups of five or more to try and spread any aggression out among all of them. With just 3, you may find that one gets picked on too much.

Another issue is that it is difficult to find good quality green chromis, so many of them come in with Uronema infections or are really thin. Personally, I’ve stopped buying the small ones due to the high mortality rate.

Jay

OP
OP
S

snowy

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!

I prefer to keep green chromis in groups of five or more to try and spread any aggression out among all of them. With just 3, you may find that one gets picked on too much.

Another issue is that it is difficult to find good quality green chromis, so many of them come in with Uronema infections or are really thin. Personally, I’ve stopped buying the small ones due to the high mortality rate.

Jay
Do you think I should get 5? And later on would I be able to add 2 clownfish?. Is that okay for a 20gallon if I’m doing weekly water changes and have very good filtration ?

Nutramar Foods

Graemesreef

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree with Jay on size they have a much better chance when their big although not easy to find. IMO 5 is pushing it in a 20g. I have 3 large that have been fine for years, but I have always added groups of chromis at the end as their alot less likely to fight when with large tangs ect. as the #s aspect comes into play.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
Wisconsin - Florida delayed due 2 hurricane damage
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I have a 20 gallon and I want to add 3 green blue chromis in it will they kill each other? And I want to add different fish later on. Will it be ok or will they just kill all the other fish that I add later.
Best in group of 5-7-9 and so forth. Smaller numbers are often weeded out by an aggressor. They are Not difficult to acclimate- Its a matter of upon purchase observing their bodies for imperfections, seeing them eat and see how they interact with each other in a store display

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you think I should get 5? And later on would I be able to add 2 clownfish?. Is that okay for a 20gallon if I’m doing weekly water changes and have very good filtration ?

Sorry, no, a 20 is too small. Personally, I would skip this species. Look for maybe a single springer's damsel....

Jay

AS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

https://www.triton.de/en/
Back