Can I disturb a watchman goby/pistol shrimp cave?

Phoerut

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve just bought a watchman goby and a pistol shrimp. They’re the only 2 creatures in there aside from a few corals and a hermit crab. They’ve dug a pretty extensive network of caves all under the rocks. I now kind want to move them rocks or add another rock, will they be okay? Should I go about this a certain way?

OP
OP
Phoerut

Phoerut

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The rocks are on top of the sand. They were kinda buried then these guys unburied them. The sands not every deep but they’re both very small that the moment. They’re literally under the rock. Do you guys net your fish to remove them? I’m very paranoid about hurting them!
remove them before messing with rocks or you could crush them. Are your rocks on top of, or underneath your sand

Upvote 0

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The rocks are on top of the sand. They were kinda buried then these guys unburied them. The sands not every deep but they’re both very small that the moment. They’re literally under the rock. Do you guys net your fish to remove them? I’m very paranoid about hurting them!
Yes get them to a safe location before messing with scapes

Upvote 0

afrokobe

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you should make sure your rock is touching your glass and not sandwiched between sand. They might cause a rock avalanche...

Upvote 0

SlugSnorter

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

the net is fine, the danger is the rocks. if you can get them to a bucket with tank water in it, you can keep them there for a few minutes while you do what you are trying to do. Rocks should always be touching the glass at the bottom to prevent them from crushing things. How many in deep is your sandbed?

Upvote 0

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
https://www.triton.de/en/
Back