Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
8” is huge! I wouldn’t do it. Aside from the bio load, clown triggers vary a lot in their behavior - some are mild but others are real terrors.
Jay

rcillig

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
8” is huge! I wouldn’t do it. Aside from the bio load, clown triggers vary a lot in their behavior - some are mild but others are real terrors.
Jay

ya for sure, I've had three..... a 6-inch that was cool with all even with corals and clean-up crew... a 3inch or so that would let nothing in with him, killed everything and I got a new one that is tailless that is about 3 inches so far that is cool with everyone except my starry blenny... He chases it and is starting to become a bully but since he has no tail he swims slowly. Everyone can outrun him. So ya never know...

AS

AC1211

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To a fowlr 150 with:

3.25" picasso triggerfish
8" yellowspot angelfish
7" foxface
A pair of clowns
4" sailfin tang
4" blue hippo
If it were 2" I would add it. But 8" no. From what I have seen at store display tanks and forums I wouldn't. It would make a nice specimen fish though.

KrisReef

7500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If your tank can handle the bioload, if the other fish will allow a new fish into the school, and if your lid opening is big enough then you might be able to pull it off?

Is this from another tank or a wild caught specimen? If it was from a tank, was it traded in because it's aggressive or was it too big for the previous tank, or ?

Sometimes the biggest fishes are sweethearts, they just have big apetites. The pair of clowns or your giant angel fish might not want to have new tankmates.

BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Back