Review score
+2 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+2 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Started a new adventure with my reef setup and installed a GEO calcium reactor and Co2 tank today. Initially set 35mL/min effluent rate and 20 bubbles/min.

My bubble rate seems to have decreased as the day goes on down to 15bmp. Second stage of my regulator is outputting in the 18 psi range, so I upped to a bit under 25 psi and the bubble rate seems to have gone back up to 20bpm. I will continue to keep an eye on this, but is my thought process of increasing psi to keep consistent bmp the right idea or is something else going on? Does 25psi seem high? I am using an AlanLe built regulator.

Also, 5 hours into operation and the effluent is around 12.5 dkh. Is it too soon to be measuring effluent alk?

AquaCave Logo Banner

Reefahholic

Acropora Farmer
Review score
+3 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+3 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Started a new adventure with my reef setup and installed a GEO calcium reactor and Co2 tank today. Initially set 35mL/min effluent rate and 20 bubbles/min.

My bubble rate seems to have decreased as the day goes on down to 15bmp. Second stage of my regulator is outputting in the 18 psi range, so I upped to a bit under 25 psi and the bubble rate seems to have gone back up to 20bpm. I will continue to keep an eye on this, but is my thought process of increasing psi to keep consistent bmp the right idea or is something else going on? Does 25psi seem high? I am using an AlanLe built regulator.

Also, 5 hours into operation and the effluent is around 12.5 dkh. Is it too soon to be measuring effluent alk?

I run at about 12-13 psi. I don’t have any problems with bubble rate.

After you make changes test the effluent ALK 24 hrs later. Always test at same time of day.

AI Hydra

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
A Reef Creation
Back