Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it possible to get the bubble size and count set so that the PH maintains a consistent PH without turning the regulator on/off?

I have my regulator set to turn on / off between 6.73 and 6.78 and it seems to take about 2 hours to get down to the 6.73 and another 2 hours to get back up to 6.75 (turning off and on every 2 hours).

Is this normal or should I continue to dial it in, so the PH remains consistent? I realize .05 PH is a pretty tight tolerance but wasn't sure what to shoot for. It has been running this way for about a month now but I've dialed in the bubble size down and the seconds per bubble but not sure if I should keep tuning.

I have the bubble size PSI set to 6 and the seconds per bubble around 6-7 (somewhere between that). Have the Kamoer pulling 8ML a min and my ALK is stable here.

BRS

DenverSaltyFarmer

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your co2 should not be running for that long to get your ph down to 6.73 your regulator should only have to turn on for a few min spurts to keep your reactor in range. What’s happening is your water feed rate is too high to your reactor and it can’t keep up trying to keep the ph in range in the chamber

8ml a min is a lot. The best way to run a calcium reactor in my opinion is to set your water feed rate constant 1 drop every 2-4 seconds give or take. That works out to about 1ml per min (20 drops of water = 1 ml) Then adjust the calcium reactor ph to your tanks needs without hitting the ph melting point of your calcium reactor media. All media has a melting point listed in the directions you want to stay away from.

take a calcium, magnesium, and alkalinity reading before doing these changes then wait 2 days for your tank to adjust and retest to see if you need to raise or lower the ph in your calcium reactor

the bubble count should be around 1 bubble every 2 seconds as well is where I used to run my reactor.

I would imagine your tank is suffering low ph numbers as well because of your flow adding a lot of co2 to your tank. Lowering your water output will also raise your aquarium ph which in turn will bring up your alkalinity numbers.

also you never want to run a calcium reactor with co2 always on and trying to adjust the bubble rate. A disaster will happen typically people will melt the media with a ph drop and will have to start over.

try adjusting your reactor like I mentioned above and you should notice a massive difference

Your ph setting you are currently running is a good range to start with as well after you made the changes

Last edited:
Nutramar Foods
AI Hydra

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Atlantik Icon  reef aquarium LED Bar
Back