Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve been in the reef game for a long time, but took a break for a while and just recently got started again. This time around I’m trying to make sure I really stay on top of water parameters, so I’ve been testing regularly.

I started this time with a used tank from my dad, a Red Sea 350 and re used all the water and everything, so I’m not starting from scratch although I’ve done one water change since the tank has been up for a month or so. Currently I have a few zoa colonies and a couple of Acans and that’s about it. I only dose reef energy AB at 14ml daily.

I just recently made my first large coral order and wanted to double check my parameters before putting them in in a few days.

Anyways, onto my question, I have been using Hannah testers and tested calc and ALK about once every week. My levels are pretty consistently reading at 8.1 dkh and 440 ppm calcium. I know these fall into the recommended ranges, but am I ok just holding these steady? Do these levels look normal from a ratio perspective?

CLICK TO VIEW

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

First Choice
Back