Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone successfully growing cabbage on the back glass? Thinking if I glued some low, it might grow up towards the light and cover the back glass?
Mine grows great on vertical rocks and I do have a small piece sitting on sandbed that I was thinking about gluing on back wall; let us know your results!

I may use some eggcrate as a trellis to give the coral something to hold onto; just an idea

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone successfully growing cabbage on the back glass? Thinking if I glued some low, it might grow up towards the light and cover the back glass?
I don’t recommend glueing any leather coral (Cabbage is a Leather coral). They have a foot to attach themselves onto something so the best way to attach them is using an elastic band on a (small) rock then once attached to the rock, glue the (small) rock on the wall and remove the band.

Nutramar Foods
OP
OP
N

NE reefer

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. The pice I have currently is already attached to a small flat rock. It’s begging to be attached to the glass. I just need to build up my nerves to go for it. Long term a wall of cabbage I feel it would look really cool. We’ll see

exnisstech

2500 Club Member
Review score
+2 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+2 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a decent sized neon green cabbage that is attached to the glass bottom. Sometimes flow will cause it to fold over so I can't picture it growing vertically as it would probably fold in half.

OP
OP
N

NE reefer

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Currently I’ve got mine at the base of a sloping rock just below a Devil’s hand. I envisioned a large devils hand coral growing out of a lush cabbage field . Trying to predict the future is difficult that’s why I was thinking about growing on the glass. I’ll attach pictures later when the lights are on

AS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Reef Diaper
Back