Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I currently have a 180.5 WBox tank in a well insulated basement with one kid, dog and wife = constant C02 battling.
Added two standard C02 scrubbers with a full 100% re-circ from the top of my Octo 200 SS, which puts out 400 GPH air intake.

Noticed that my skimmer was running hard due to the lack of air pull through in the standard entry & exit from the scrubbers, so I drilled a 1/2" bit on both ends and used tubing to go through the entire way instead of the valves which were constricting air. You can see from the circled picture that the exit 1/2" tube goes directly to the hole, versus the tighter plastic tube that was there.

This was after $100 in tubing water drains and various engineering - it finally worked!! My PH shot up an extra .2 boost from the already increased amount. I was sitting at 7.6 without scrubbers, 8.0 with scrubbers and now 8.2-8.25 with the enhanced air flow.

I put rubber washers in the tub to help seal these (not shown) and appears to also hold them in place well.

Learn from my constant battles with air restriction and swapping skimmers that this is an easy/cheap way to increase flow through your scrubbers without putting stress on your skimmer :)

Screenshot 2023-04-05 at 10.19.12 AM.png

BRS
BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Battlecorals
Back