Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, so I have a tank you will likely never heard of. An aquatop 24g cube AIO, it’s got a skimmer that came with it but it’s old and went. So I just want to know some good nano skimmers and how to know if it’ll fit in the chamber or not. Also not looking for hang on ones cause I don’t wanna mess with my Red Sea lid. Thanks

Nutramar Foods

srobertb

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had a few AIO’s and ran Tunze skimmers (both the small on a 40g and the larger on a 120g).

They’re actually pretty good at their job but cleaning is an unholy nightmare. That would be my first choice and if it didn’t fit, I’d probably skip a skimmer. I removed my big Tunze from my 120g and absolutely nothing changed despite the nasty crap it pulled.

I don’t use a skimmer on my 10g but if I had to for some reason, I think I’d probably go find a “ghost.” I think IM made them. They weren’t well reviewed.

Honestly I think you’re better off with a bag of chemipure or a tiny refugium but I don’t know your tank so I hate to interject.

OP
OP
Mcdonalds

Mcdonalds

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had a few AIO’s and ran Tunze skimmers (both the small on a 40g and the larger on a 120g).

They’re actually pretty good at their job but cleaning is an unholy nightmare. That would be my first choice and if it didn’t fit, I’d probably skip a skimmer. I removed my big Tunze from my 120g and absolutely nothing changed despite the nasty crap it pulled.

I don’t use a skimmer on my 10g but if I had to for some reason, I think I’d probably go find a “ghost.” I think IM made them. They weren’t well reviewed.

Honestly I think you’re better off with a bag of chemipure or a tiny refugium but I don’t know your tank so I hate to interject.
No I think you’re right, I guess I was so used to the skimmer. I think my chemipure, filter floss, and water changes can get the job done. I honestly don’t want to shell out that much money rn on one as well.

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

srobertb

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No I think you’re right, I guess I was so used to the skimmer. I think my chemipure, filter floss, and water changes can get the job done. I honestly don’t want to shell out that much money rn on one as well.
I think skimmers work…

I just think you need an unlimited budget and that sizing charts are wildly off and that trying get meaningful functionality on small tanks isn’t possible with internal or HOB versions.

AI Nero 5

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
AquaNerd
Back