Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is only one local fish store in my area that sells saltwater fish. It's a chain pet store that doesn't have the best reputation for selling healthy fish, and they also do not have a lot of options to choose from. Most of their tanks are all clownfish. Best places to buy fish online?

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FisHotel is great. Sign up for the newsletter so you know when new fish are available as some sell out immediately. They are all quarantined and eating.

I also like TSM aquatics. They have a text messaging for new drops of fish, generally on fridays. They also QT fish.

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
OP
OP
christyj3

christyj3

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FisHotel is great. Sign up for the newsletter so you know when new fish are available as some sell out immediately. They are all quarantined and eating.

I also like TSM aquatics. They have a text messaging for new drops of fish, generally on fridays. They also QT fish.
Thank you for your recommendation!

Nutramar Foods
Top Shelf Aquatics
AquaCave Logo Banner

Lavey29

7500 Club Member
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm sorry to hear that. I hope you've had better luck ordering online since then.
I actually went to my LFS and he aquired fish for me and then kept them in his treated systems for a month. 100% survival rate well over a year now. He gets fish from a whole saler.

OP
OP
christyj3

christyj3

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I actually went to my LFS and he aquired fish for me and then kept them in his treated systems for a month. 100% survival rate well over a year now. He gets fish from a whole saler.
That's great! Glad to hear that you've had success with that. I wish there were more options for purchasing fish in my area.

Top Shelf Aquatics

Lavey29

7500 Club Member
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's great! Glad to hear that you've had success with that. I wish there were more options for purchasing fish in my area.
Well unfortunately if you don't have local shops then you have to go online. I'm sure there are a few proven reputable places to order from but if you want good QT prior to shipping be prepared to pay a premium.

Lavey29

7500 Club Member
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would focus on Dr. Reefs or TSM aquatics. I have not used them personally but have heard good reports about their services and fish quality.

BRS

Lavey29

7500 Club Member
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Lavey29 curious as to why you posted this, havent seen any negative about marine collectors anywhere else...did you have a bad experience?
Do a thread search and you will find plenty of others with negative reviews of that vendor. If you want details PM me.

Just an example

Last edited:
Nutramar

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

SaltwaterAquarium.com
Back