Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here’s my advice for new reefers, buy everything like you’re gonna eventually upgrade to a bigger tank.. Let’s say you have a 75 gallon but are craving a bigger aquarium such as the 125. If you know for sure that you’re gonna end up with a bigger tank eventually then instead of buying an fx4 filter you should get an fx6.. There are lots of things you purchase for a larger tank that you can use on a smaller tank. Powerheads, uv filters, thermostats.. etc

CLICK TO VIEW

T-J

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Skimmers would not be one of those items. You'll just have to get a bigger one when you upgrade your tank.

Then again, if you're already dumping that kind of money on the upgraded/larger gear, you might as well just get the bigger tank.

Top Shelf Aquatics

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
Wisconsin - Florida delayed due 2 hurricane damage
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Skimmers based on tank/sump size, UV units based on tank size and wattage.
One never knows what tank they'll eventually end up with. Me - Never dreamed that I would have a 660g right now and then to know I will soon have a 1500 gallon.
This is very unpredictable to forecast and many have homes that will have restricted space for a larger tank.
Not a bad suggestion, but its always hard to predict what size a future tank will be especially when one finds an awesome deal on a tank that is hard to pass up.

BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Premium Algae Scrubbers from Turbo's Aquatics!
Back