Bumblebee Shrimp and Turbo Snail best buds. Normal?

BRS

Is this normal?

• Yes

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Yours are broken

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

catalystNfacade

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_20200912_001157249~2.jpg

The bumblebee shrimp is below the turbo snail

I finally picked up 3 bumblebee shrimps and two of them (not sure what happened to the third) seem obsessed with the snails in my tank. Is this normal. I know there's a symbiotic relationship with Emperor Shrimps and nudibranches and various other things. Is this similar?

Side note, big (not ironic) fan of these little guys. Kind of wish I got more but also kind of wish they were a 1/2" not 1/4".

Also, sorry for the double post. Just learned how to post in specific forums and not sure how to delete this one. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Last edited:

Ron Reefman

Lets Go Snorkeling!
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reef critters, including corals, are like people. They come in all kinds of personalities. Sometimes your neighbor is a great guy, sometimes he's an idiot and sometimes he's just a neighbor. Yes, there are certain trends, but your one shrimp likes snails, it's cool!

being normal.jpg

OP
OP
catalystNfacade

catalystNfacade

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reef critters, including corals, are like people. They come in all kinds of personalities. Sometimes your neighbor is a great guy, sometimes he's an idiot and sometimes he's just a neighbor. Yes, there are certain trends, but your one shrimp likes snails, it's cool!

View attachment 1778098
Makes it easy to find them at least. I was just curious about the Emperor Shrimp because they stay on nudibranches and so on and feast off their poop. Was curious if it's a similar situation. Couldn't find any information suggesting such a thing.

BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Reef Diaper
Back