+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone,

I got my hands on a very healthy looking but very tiny bubble tip anemone. It’s maybe an inch across. I understand that different conditions bring about differentiating growth rates but I’m wondering, in your experience, how quickly Can a bubble tip anemone grow? I’ve never had a BTA so I’m just wondering what everyone else has seen as far as optimal growth goes.

Heres a picture for reference. I like to put mine in a shell to latch onto before placing them in the aquarium. It gives them a chance to shelter themselves a bit before they find their spot and I find that it reduces the stress of introduction as a whole.

922A08A1-7486-422F-AEF8-5683B9124124.jpeg

Top Shelf Aquatics

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone,

I got my hands on a very healthy looking but very tiny bubble tip anemone. It’s maybe an inch across. I understand that different conditions bring about differentiating growth rates but I’m wondering, in your experience, how quickly Can a bubble tip anemone grow? I’ve never had a BTA so I’m just wondering what everyone else has seen as far as optimal growth goes.

Heres a picture for reference. I like to put mine in a shell to latch onto before placing them in the aquarium. It gives them a chance to shelter themselves a bit before they find their spot and I find that it reduces the stress of introduction as a whole.

View attachment 2691326
Yes they will get a good size than split and split and split and split. I started with one rainbow and I've give 4 to a lfs. I now have 11. I moved one to boses tank. He now has 3 after I removed two.

I have a black widow that has split as well.

BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Champion Lighting & Supply
Back