Bubble tip anemone good choice for this tank?

BRS

mushrommy

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi there,
I was wondering if I could get a bubble tip anemone for this pretty empty tank. It a 20 year old 45 gallon tank with 3 toadstool coral 1 hammer and 1 candy can. Will it get too big? Will it eat my hermit crabs?
Thanks!

dc92a8de-d9fa-46a0-a015-5ca80aa15d4d.jpg

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

Nman

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t need to ask how old your tank is LOL
I carnt see a reason why not. It will move about a bit when first put until it finds its happy place. Believe it or not if you have good water they are quite hardy imo . It’s your tank and you should put in what you like . I feed my nems once a week frozen brine shrimp and mysis. . Yes they can get big and they can split so1 turns into 2 and so on

AS
OP
OP
M

mushrommy

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, can I remove ones that can split?
I don’t need to ask how old your tank is LOL
I carnt see a reason why not. It will move about a bit when first put until it finds its happy place. Believe it or not if you have good water they are quite hardy imo . It’s your tank and you should put in what you like . I feed my nems once a week frozen brine shrimp and mysis. . Yes they can get big and they can split so1 turns into 2 and so on

Nman

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes sell them on or move to another tank . Just got to be careful when removing the foot from rocks or what they have attached there selves to. There’s a member has a thread and he used a a bit of pipe to remove them they climb the inside of the pipe . You might find it if you search anemone removal. Also methods of pointing a power head at them and they will move . Hope this helps your decision.

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

mushrommy

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes sell them on or move to another tank . Just got to be careful when removing the foot from rocks or what they have attached there selves to. There’s a member has a thread and he used a a bit of pipe to remove them they climb the inside of the pipe . You might find it if you search anemone removal. Also methods of pointing a power head at them and they will move . Hope this helps your decision.
Thanks! I'll save up for one.

AquaCave Logo Banner

exnisstech

2500 Club Member
Review score
+2 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+2 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've found that mine have pretty much stopped splitting. Not fact based but the splits seemed to slow as the tank they are in matured over the last several years. At one point I went from 3 to over 40 nems in the tank I keep them in. That was cool till I started keeping more coral. I try to keep mine contained to a center island now.
If they wander I toss them in the 40 breeder I have running in the basement. I may have more down there now than I do in the DT.

Corals.com
www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

exnisstech

2500 Club Member
Review score
+2 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+2 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Absolutely. It would be one of these in the overflow tank in the basement. One of these two little ones would be easiest to get out but one of the larger ones probably wouldn't be too bad as I can pull the rock easy enough. They're not Colorado sunburst or anything but have nice color. Mostly and orangish red with a nice shade of green inside.
20230506_165552.jpg

The larger ones
20230506_165559.jpg

Clowns like the red one best. In the DT.
20230506_170534.jpg
It's always the one you want to spilt that won't :thinking-face:

OP
OP
M

mushrommy

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Absolutely. It would be one of these in the overflow tank in the basement. One of these two little ones would be easiest to get out but one of the larger ones probably wouldn't be too bad as I can pull the rock easy enough. They're not Colorado sunburst or anything but have nice color. Mostly and orangish red with a nice shade of green inside. View attachment 3138529
The larger ones View attachment 3138530

Clowns like the red one best. In the DT. View attachment 3138539It's always the one you want to spilt that won't :thinking-face:
They're really pretty. I just need to convince my dad.

BRS
OP
OP
M

mushrommy

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let me know via PM. We could meet up at fin feather and fur just off if the i71 state route 250 intersection in Ashland. I'm retired so my schedule is flexible. No rush they're no going any where.
What's pm?
It should also be noted that I'm nowhere near adulthood.

exnisstech

2500 Club Member
Review score
+2 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+2 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Private message.
What's pm?
It should also be noted that I'm nowhere near adulthood.
Private message. I figured as much when you said you had to talk to your dad and also the reason I offered to meet in a public setting. It's all good. I'm a firm believer in what goes around comes around in life so I try to help out when I can ;)

OP
OP
M

mushrommy

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Private message.

Private message. I figured as much when you said you had to talk to your dad and also the reason I offered to meet in a public setting. It's all good. I'm a firm believer in what goes around comes around in life so I try to help out when I can ;)
Oh ok, I'll probably convince him when I show the prices of bubble tip anemones. Again thanks so much for the offer and what you're doing is amazing!

AquaCave Logo Banner
OP
OP
M

mushrommy

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Private message.

My dad won't let me. But still thanks for the offer!

BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
BSA
Back