Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Running in WB Cube20, and confused with getting it started. I have it in the middle chamber, and my middle chamber water level is around an inch or two inches below the baffle, and the sticker indicating water level on the skimmer is about an inch or two inches high. My skimmer is as far down as the mount will go as well, and the only way of getting my water level to the sticker that I can think of is to increase the water level. Not sure if taking water from the display and pouring it into the middle chamber would end up increasing the volume in the third chamber, but I feel like it would, and probably wouldn't be the best solution. Any suggestions would be appreciated, I was wondering if there's a 3D printed mount or something of the sort that would bring it down further but I'm honestly not sure.

Orphek OR3 reef aquarium LED bar
OP
OP
Aveadonat

Aveadonat

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Filter media basket w/ filter floss in the first chamber, middle chamber is the skimmer + heater, third chamber is return pump an ATO.
Water level in my return chamber is maybe a quarter inch below the baffle, water level in my middle chamber is around 2 inches below the baffle. Water level in the display is a little below the waterbox logo. I can send images tomorrow.

Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
Aveadonat

Aveadonat

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some pictures would be great I have a feeling your may need more water in the system
Could be the problem, only concern is adding too much saltwater or freshwater and messing up my salinity, also concerned about my return chamber rising considerably in water level which would result in my ATO being useless unless moved upwards.
I’ll send images later so you can get a better idea of what might help.

tinyfellows

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I turn my return pump off and the water equalizes between the display and back chambers it sits about an inch and a half below the rim in the back chambers. When I first set mine up I didn’t have enough water because I was worried about flooding. I adjusted the amount of water during a water change so I was able to avoid any fluctuations in salinity

Corals.com
OP
OP
Aveadonat

Aveadonat

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I turn my return pump off and the water equalizes between the display and back chambers it sits about an inch and a half below the rim in the back chambers. When I first set mine up I didn’t have enough water because I was worried about flooding. I adjusted the amount of water during a water change so I was able to avoid any fluctuations in salinity
I was planning on doing a water change this weekend so I might try that out, or see how far my water sits with everything off.

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

AFX
Back