Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New tank its been up a week. Used existing rock from old tank and live sand.

I assumed it was to low so today my marine pure 1 inch block came in and I put it under which helped but cup fills in 5 minutes or less still.

Anything I need to do to get this working my old S200 had an air and water adjustment this just has 1. Its been in tank 3 days now

IMG_7205.jpg

IMG_7204.jpg

IMG_7203.jpg

Top Shelf Aquatics

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
Wisconsin - Florida delayed due 2 hurricane damage
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
New tank its been up a week. Used existing rock from old tank and live sand.

I assumed it was to low so today my marine pure 1 inch block came in and I put it under which helped but cup fills in 5 minutes or less still.

Anything I need to do to get this working my old S200 had an air and water adjustment this just has 1. Its been in tank 3 days now

View attachment 3166390

View attachment 3166389

View attachment 3166388
There should be an air control knob on unit. Turn it down until bubbles are just below the neck and should level out. As tank ages and waste is produced, the foam will be thicker and darker and start to remove inorganics. It should be in 8" of water

Last edited:

redfishbluefish

Stay Positive, Stay Productive
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First need to get it in the proper water depth. I want to say it's around 10 inches of water. What I always do on start up of a new skimmer or after cleaning is to set the valve so the bubbles are at about the level of the cup floor. Let it run for a couple hours adjusting as needed to get the wetness you want in the skimmate.

World Wide Corals
OP
OP
D

ducati1212

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There should be an air control knob on unit. Turn it down until bubbles are just below the neck and should level out. As tank ages and waste is produced, the foam will be thicker and darker and start to remove inorganics
No air adjustment on this one. Unless someone who has one knows something I do not.

There should be an air control knob on unit. Turn it down until bubbles are just below the neck and should level out. As tank ages and waste is produced, the foam will be thicker and darker and start to remove inorganics

First need to get it in the proper water depth. I want to say it's around 10 inches of water. What I always do on start up of a new skimmer or after cleaning is to set the valve so the bubbles are at about the level of the cup floor. Let it run for a couple hours adjusting as needed to get the wetness you want in the skimmate.
So the higher the water the more bubbles. at 9 inches the cup fills in 3 seconds. I have it about 6 and it better but still fills in minutes. Only 1 adjustment valve and it does very little right now. maybe I need to wait it out?

vetteguy53081

Review score
+12 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
No air adjustment on this one. Unless someone who has one knows something I do not.

So the higher the water the more bubbles. at 9 inches the cup fills in 3 seconds. I have it about 6 and it better but still fills in minutes. Only 1 adjustment valve and it does very little right now. maybe I need to wait it out?
The adjustment knob is your air adjustment. The air mixes with water to produce foam

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

redfishbluefish

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not all skimmers have air adjustments. Even when it does, I always open air all the way open and adjust foam height by adjusting the outlet flow of water....the big knob.
So you're saying that in 9 inches of water the cup fills quickly....is that even with the big red know all the way open?

redfishbluefish

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The adjustment knob is your air adjustment. The air mixes with water to produce foam
On Bubble Magus Curve skimmers (I believe the 5, 7 and 9) there is no air adjustment. The air line goes from the muffler right to the venturi without adjustment. Skimmer adjustment is by controlling the water outflow rate with that big red knob.

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

vetteguy53081

Review score
+12 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
On Bubble Magus Curve skimmers (I believe the 5, 7 and 9) there is no air adjustment. The air line goes from the muffler right to the venturi without adjustment. Skimmer adjustment is by controlling the water outflow rate with that big red knob.
Been a while since Ive had a magnus unit and like some older Reef Octopus, I guess its controlled as you are saying by raising and lowering either the water height or unit itself.

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

ducati1212

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Yup but how long should it overflow

redfishbluefish

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With BM's, the higher the number, the more "open" the outlet port. So start with the largest number (I think it's a 7 on the one I had). Does it still overflow when set at the highest number? If so, and assuming it's broken in, start raising the skimmer up.

OP
OP
D

ducati1212

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With BM's, the higher the number, the more "open" the outlet port. So start with the largest number (I think it's a 7 on the one I had). Does it still overflow when set at the highest number? If so, and assuming it's broken in, start raising the skimmer up.

Well its in a new tank and its been running 2 days. If I raise it up anymore Ithink it will be outside the sump :)

BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Innovative Marine - Made to Order
Back