Bubble Algae AND Aiptasia same day?!?

aggiejames

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all! I am hoping for some advice here. I am pretty disheartened and feel like throwing in the towel.

I have a 100 gallon tank at work in my office. I came in on my day off today to do maintenance like I do every week. After cleaning the sump and the pumps, I was looking at my frag racks and it looks like I have aiptasia AND bubble algae outbreak on the same day. I have been busy this week so I didn't notice it but I KNOW it wasn't there last week when I did cleaning and water change.

Can someone confirm this is indeed aiptasia and bubble algae? What is my path forward? I have a small 5 gallon tank that I set up and moved the frag racks to so that they are not in the main tank anymore but from what I understand they will continue to spread in my main tank. I haven't added anything to this tank in 2 months and I was so careful to QT everything. I am so dejected. Can I save this tank or is this an impossible battle that I will eventually lose?

IMG_3221.jpeg IMG_3220.jpeg IMG_3219.jpeg

NonstopSoda

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like bubble algae but I would say maybe not an aiptasia but some other pest anenome?

AlyciaMarie

Where's my anemone?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like bubble algae but I would say maybe not an aiptasia but some other pest anenome?
I agree; I'm not convinced that it is aiptasia either. OP, do you have a different picture? Maybe one directly over the specimen and in white light?

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back