BTA lost a lot of its color, dull (not bleached)

Sharkysnarky

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Help me out with my anemone. Got it a month ago, was so bright for a few weeks.
Gradually it has lost a lot of its pop.
it is still inflated, maybe not as inflated as before.

can’t really think of much changes in the tank, all my fishes are doing well.
one more thing that I can think of is trying to pair the anemone with the clownfish with the “ tube method”. The clowns messed around in the anemone but didn’t host.

2 xr15 Radeon
48x24x22
Anemone in the middle of the tank towards the bottom middle of the tank.

here are my parameters:
1.026 salinity
Nitrates 40
Ammonia 0
Nitrites 0
Phosphates <.1

Anemone now

Anemone a month ago

Nutramar Foods
Nutramar Foods
OP
OP
S

Sharkysnarky

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please stop posting multiple threads on the same subject...
I'm sorry if my multiple threads gave you the impression that I enjoy cluttering up the forum with redundant posts. Obviously, I didn't intend to post three threads on the same subject, and I can assure you that I have no purpose in doing so.
Perhaps next time before jumping to conclusions, you could take a moment to ask for clarification or consider the possibility of an honest mistake. Thanks for your understanding!

blaxsun

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm sorry if my multiple threads gave you the impression that I enjoy cluttering up the forum with redundant posts. Obviously, I didn't intend to post three threads on the same subject, and I can assure you that I have no purpose in doing so.
Perhaps next time before jumping to conclusions, you could take a moment to ask for clarification or consider the possibility of an honest mistake. Thanks for your understanding!
One duplicate is an honest mistake... two would seem to indicate you either enjoy cross-posting or can't comprehend what repeated clicks of the "post" function performs...

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
OP
OP
S

Sharkysnarky

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One duplicate is an honest mistake... two would seem to indicate you either enjoy cross-posting or can't comprehend what repeated clicks of the "post" function performs...
I’m going to lean on the latter, perhaps I need to understand the functionality of the post button more. Thanks for your feedback

OrionN

Anemones
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It does need more light. Also it is expanded more resulting in dilution of the colors it has. Contracted anemones always more colorful due to the concentration of the same amount pigments in a smaller area.

OP
OP
S

Sharkysnarky

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It does need more light. Also it is expanded more resulting in dilution of the colors it has. Contracted anemones always more colorful due to the concentration of the same amount pigments in a smaller area.
Thank you for your input. I did order the xr30s let’s see how that goes

sneakerhead

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would you feed the anemone anything specific to enhance coloration?

OP
OP
S

Sharkysnarky

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last question, besides the light, could any other parameters potentially contribute to the gradual dullness in colors?
Another common thing you hear is that the anemones would move up if they dont like the light, this particular one never moved after it found the spot, does that lead to the same conclusion in subpar lighting?

BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
A Reef Creation
Back