BRS RO/DI system

ChrisWhit483

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am still very new to the saltwater world. I have a 32 gal nanocube, but just found an amazing deal on a 215 gal tank. I will be going very slowly with this tank and my first question is about filling it. I do not live close to LFS. I already have the BRS RO/DI 6 stage deluxe plus 150gpd system. I have not even taken it out of the box yet because I have had plenty of water from when I initially bought the 32 gal tank. I am wondering how many gallons I can make without having to replace the filters, membranes, etc. Is it feasible to think I can take a few days and make enough of my own water at home to fill this tank? Help please, because I also do not want to have to drive 2.5 hours to buy 200 gallons of saltwater either.

PotatoPig

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This should be in the region of 1000+, unless you have really really hard water or loads of TDS.

The cartridge refills are almost certainly going to be a fraction of the cost of LFS water.

IMO above a 50 gallon tank a RODI system is an absolute no brainer provided you have somewhere to put it. The break-even on setup costs, especially if you have it to fill the tank, is in “weeks”.

OP
OP
C

ChrisWhit483

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This should be in the region of 1000+, unless you have really really hard water or loads of TDS.

The cartridge refills are almost certainly going to be a fraction of the cost of LFS water.

IMO above a 50 gallon tank a RODI system is an absolute no brainer provided you have somewhere to put it. The break-even on setup costs, especially if you have it to fill the tank, is in “weeks”.

Our water is honestly terrible, very hard and full of chlorine. As mentioned I live 2.5 hours away from LFS so it was a no brainer for me to buy my own system instead of having to drive 5 hours round trip for water. So basically I should be able to make around 1000 gallons before needing to replace filters and membranes. I was mainly wondering if I should go ahead and have new filters, etc on standby before I even started making water or not.

Thank you

petcellar

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I filled up my new tank using BRS 5 stage water saver RODI and burned through the DI resin in 200 gallons.

Guess my water is pretty terrible.

Chrisv.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do not but will get one.
They are relatively cheap. I suggest getting the in line version they sell at bulk reef. It's also on saltwater aquarium and Amazon. Hm digital is the brand, I believe. I am a fan of the three probe version that allows you to measure input TDS, post-ro TDS, and post di (product water) TDS. Good for keeping an eye on when the ro membrane gets inefficient too.

OP
OP
C

ChrisWhit483

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are relatively cheap. I suggest getting the in line version they sell at bulk reef. It's also on saltwater aquarium and Amazon. Hm digital is the brand, I believe. I am a fan of the three probe version that allows you to measure input TDS, post-ro TDS, and post di (product water) TDS. Good for keeping an eye on when the ro membrane gets inefficient too.
Well I just looked and it says the system I got comes with HM Digital Inline Dual TDS Meter. So I guess it comes with it. I have not even opened the box yet.

Buckeye Hydro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back