• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

BRS Pricing

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

afrokobe

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am doing a new build and I have placed a few orders with BRS. I am not super happy with their pricing... I feel like BRS pricing is slightly higher than all other places on pretty much everything. Its just tough for me to not shop sometimes just due to the convenience, but I feel a bit slighted when I go to search the prices on things and consistently everything is more expensive (not by a lot). I also don't have the time to get customer service to price check everything. Even with the routine sales, BRS prices are still higher. Here are a few examples:

Eheim Jager from BRS
1679943679664.png

From Amazon (not sure why the price on the 25 watt is so high)
1679943028319.png

I was trying to buy a return jet for my new build
1679943124390.png

from Premium Aquatics and Marineandreef
1679943186515.png
\
1679943203155.png

Also some consumables are considerably more expensive. Food grade citric acid is considerably cheaper, colored sch40 pvc pipe from home depot, RODI filters, etc... Anyway this is not a complaint or an attack. Just my own thoughts and opinions while doing my new build... but it has definitely turned me off of BRS recently. I used to go and fill up the shopping cart. Now I am googling prices for everything I am purchasing even during a sale as I can't trust their prices.

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

NicerReefs. Your Reef. But Nicer.
Back