BRS Jumbo CO2 Scrubber

ScottF

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello reefers! I decided to try to add some recirculation to my CO2 scrubber. I am using a BRS Jumbo dual canister scrubber. Today I put a 1" NPT to 1/2" NPT bushing into the 1" NPT input on the scrubber. I then put a 1/2" NPT to 1/2" hose barb in the bushing.

When I cover the hole in the barb with my finger, it does not stop the air going into the skimmer. If I close the valve at the output of the scrubber it does stop the air going into the skimmer. So somewhere in the scrubber air is leaking pretty significantly.

I have tightened down all of the copper ports on the top and tightened the blue plastic vent caps, but I have yet to figure out where it is leaking.

Does anyone have experience with this CO2 scrubber that may have some insight? Does it leak around the canisters? Am I missing a port somewhere?

OP
OP
ScottF

ScottF

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Public service announcement: Use the o-ring lube that comes with your scrubber if you don't want it to leak air around the canisters.

I lubed up the o-rings and all is good now.

Also make sure to tighten all of the plugs and caps. A couple of the copper plugs were loose on mine. Don't assume that it comes from the factory ready to use.

OP
OP
ScottF

ScottF

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You answered your own question!!! LOL. This hobby is the best! :)

This seems to happen a lot. Some times it helps to just talk through things as you work through the problem. It also doesn't hurt to let others see you working through the problem even if you solve it yourself. It may be helpful for someone else too.

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back