Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I am new to this hobby. I have a 13.5 gallon tank that I've had set up for about 3 months. It keeps getting this smelly brown algea looking stuff all over my rock and sand bed. I use tap water with tap water conditioner. My ph is kind of low but I'm not sure how to raise it or if that's what's causing the brown stuff. I clean it out and it seems to be back by the next day. I attached a picture. It doesnt show it on this picture but its everywhere! Any help would be appreciated!

20230506_102316.jpg

Corals.com

LiLinka

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im going to give you some recommendations. that looks to be bacterial dinos. you can siphon it or add some beneficial bacteria to help fight it. what are your nitrates and phosphates? the issue could be due to an imbalance in these 2 parameters. if you planning on adding coral I would do a significant water change because corals like close to 0 TDS. Tap water is filled with contaminants. that's why people use RODI. hope this helps!

Corals.com
OP
OP
turbo2023

turbo2023

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im going to give you some recommendations. that looks to be bacterial dinos. you can siphon it or add some beneficial bacteria to help fight it. what are your nitrates and phosphates? the issue could be due to an imbalance in these 2 parameters. if you planning on adding coral I would do a significant water change because corals like close to 0 TDS. Tap water is filled with contaminants. that's why people use RODI. hope this helps!
Thanks for your recommendations. Can you tell me what beneficial bacteria I can get? My nitrates and phosphates are very low. I will invest in some equipment for water. Thanks again!

Top Shelf Aquatics

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
NY
Back