Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Purchased Trigger System Platinum 26 for my 90g AGA tank. I have yet to use it in case I may have to end up returning it. I want to resolve minor issue and possible problem I may encounter.
The sump comes with 2 drain connectors. My tank has one drain. Would I have an issue if I just connect my single drain to just one of the 2 drains on the sump? Is it ok to leave one of the sump's drain unused?
The other concern is the roller float switches and my Tunze ATO. I saw in some threads that some have issues with the ATO continuously pumping fresh water into the sump because the water level rises when the roller fleece gets clogged and activates the auto roller which lowers the water level, which then the ATO optical sensor sees the level has dropped and starts doing its ATO job. I'm concerned about throwing off salinity levels and wasting fleece. But no one replied with a solution to their question about the ATO conundrum. I emailed Trigger systems yesterday but have yet to hear from them.

Also, not concerning but a bit confusing. I received a Version 2 upgrade part. The 10 inch fleece cross brace with the two cross brace supports. On my fleece motor, it has a sticker that says "V2" with an F under it. But the motor lacks the optical sensor connectors and the 3 IO inputs for controllers. So its not a V2 motor.
Anyone else with Trigger Plat 26 that received that upgrade part?
Anyone else had ATO conundrum and have a solution?

Thanks!

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

sunken3

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the trigger 44. I believe all of your relevant questions would be the same. first, no you do not need to use both sump connections though you may want to cover/cap the unused one to lower salt creep.

not sure on your second question, I have never really worried about it. I have had mine for a few years and I dont think it's ever gotten clogged. Where I have run into a similar concern is when the safety float switch (trigger) that sits in with my pump has failed. That switch is meant to float up and let your roller know not to feed more fleece when the water is too high (like when you turn the pump off for feeding or maintenance). Turned out though that the error was mine. I mistakenly put the sensor right under my calcium dosing tube which was dropping calcium onto the switch, in turn, solidifying on the switch.. .I moved the tube.. cleaned the float switch and have not had the issue since.

Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
P

PhoenixOne

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for replying!
Good to know not using one of the 2 drains wont cause some kind of issue. Ill try to find something at HD that will fit to cover it.

Regarding my ATO concern, basically my question was how to solve the "one sensor working against the other sensor".
Tunze ATO fills return chamber with fresh water, water rises in fleece chamber, activating fleece float switch and motor runs rolling fleece (even though its not clogged/dirty) continuously, wasting fleece. Lower ATO sensor so water level in fleece chamber lowers to avoid needless activation, but now skimmer not in operating water level. Raise fleece float switch so ATO wont get too low, fleece wont advance when dirty.
The only solutions I found are people with APEX controllers and I can't afford another extremally expensive purchase (took quite a long time to save up for this sump).

Thanks.

AI Nero 5

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Precise.Accurate.Reliable.ICP-OES by Reef Labs
Back