Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wanted to share because it's just so darn satisfying!

Bristleworms creep me the *** out. I'm moving everything from a 25 gallon (that was gifted to me) to a 55 gallon and the substrate in the 25 is just infested with the things. Blech. I'm replacing the substrate, so no worries there, but there are some rocks I want to keep and I've seen the BWs crawling around on/in. Traps haven't worked. My banded coral shrimp is a punk and won't eat them. Something had to be done.

Soaked one of the rocks in hot distilled water with H2O2. After an hour, this is what my daughter and I were able to get out of the rock. The really big one broke in half, but still. Gross!

IMG_9671.jpg IMG_9675.jpg IMG_9676.jpg

Top Shelf Aquatics

Sidsreef

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, I get that. However, I am extremely grossed out by them. So out they go.
I don't think it's necessary to remove them. They are beneficial inverts.

your tank will be just fine if you remove them. there a ugly worm and i would not want any in my tank even if its a good invert they will sting you and looks nasty. never heard anyone say that bristle worms are necessary beneficial inverts to keep lol :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

bushdoc

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
your tank will be just fine if you remove them. there a ugly worm and i would not want any in my tank even if its a good invert they will sting you and looks nasty. never heard anyone say that bristle worms are necessary beneficial inverts to keep lol :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:
I am a bit weird, but when I got few bristleworms with Tampa Bay Live Rock, I cherished them and put into my sump and DT. ;)

Orphek OR3 reef aquarium LED bar

YOYOYOReefer

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If those are creepy imagine tearing down a huge lagoon with 500+ lbs of rock for 3 days, to find a Bobbit worm crawling over my barefoot. It was at least 5 feet. it must have came in our our rock (this was in the late 90s) and lived in there 6 years or so... i had no idea such creatures existed till the pond was down to a a few inches.

BRS

Fish Styx

The Dude Abides
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I am a bit weird, but when I got few bristleworms with Tampa Bay Live Rock, I cherished them and put into my sump and DT. ;)
Me too. I ordered them from Indo Pacific Sea Farms to seed my tank.

Sidsreef

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If those are creepy imagine tearing down a huge lagoon with 500+ lbs of rock for 3 days, to find a Bobbit worm crawling over my barefoot. It was at least 5 feet. it must have came in our our rock (this was in the late 90s) and lived in there 6 years or so... i had no idea such creatures existed till the pond was down to a a few inches.
puke GIF

Top Shelf Aquatics

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
FnR
Back