Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
anyone notice brightwells instructions on the bottle for dosing is different from the description on the website? the amounts and frequency are both different.

also I wanted to dose this with my dosing pump, but it says to shake it up before using. would it be ok without shaking? i faintly remember the spokesperson of brightwell saying it can be dosed with a doser cause its chelated? it could have been another one of their products though....im looking for that video again.
suggestions? thanks

AS

Reefahholic

Acropora Farmer
Review score
+3 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+3 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
anyone notice brightwells instructions on the bottle for dosing is different from the description on the website? the amounts and frequency are both different.

also I wanted to dose this with my dosing pump, but it says to shake it up before using. would it be ok without shaking? i faintly remember the spokesperson of brightwell saying it can be dosed with a doser cause its chelated? it could have been another one of their products though....im looking for that video again.
suggestions? thanks

I’d always invert the bottle a few time before dosing, but that’s just me.

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

suggestions? thanks

If it is clear without settled solids, mixing is not needed. If you has suspended solids that settle out but that might somehow be useful to dose (possible), then mixing may be needed.

World Wide Corals
OP
OP
GSnake

GSnake

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If it is clear without settled solids, mixing is not needed. If you has suspended solids that settle out but that might somehow be useful to dose (possible), then mixing may be needed.
ill dump some of the bottle in a glass today and check

OP
OP
GSnake

GSnake

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would say it's safe to dose through a pump, and no shaking needed. There's no distinct settlements or other particles in solution . It's been resting for an hour

16749328817587330357645898696304.jpg

OP
OP
GSnake

GSnake

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any potential interactions with kalkwasser if mixed together / dosed from the same brute

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any potential interactions with kalkwasser if mixed together / dosed from the same brute

I would not do that. Many metals are not soluble at high pH

BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Back