Brightwell neophos

collinnelson9

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been dosing both neophos and neonitro and I can’t seem to get my phosphate levels to rise. With neo nitro I dosed 4 mL a day for 4 days in my 25 gallon tank to get them to 5 ppm which is where I wanna be. Butttt neophos on the other hand doesn’t seem to work I started dosing 2 mL for the first 2 days then bumped to 5 mL for 2 days and now I’m on my 2nd day of dosing 10 mL and finally something is showing up in my salifert phosphate test when I do the high sensitivity test. Is this a neophos issue or salifert issue or could this be diatoms are starting to take hold and I just can’t see them over the Dino’s.

OP
OP
C

collinnelson9

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It can take a huge amount to overcome phosphate binding to rock and sand. Just up the dose.

When that runs out, I recommend food grade sodium phosphate.
Sounds good thanks I was getting worried my test kit was broken I’ve never had this issue in previous tanks but maybe it’s the dry rock that’s causing this

Steven Garland

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the same problem. I am having an Ulva outbreak and its soaking up every bit of NeoPhos I put in the tank. I test,its 0-0.01 I dose 7.5ml in a 10g tank next day nothing,day after nothing. I I started at 2.5ml each day and slowly increased my dosage.

billyocean

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Stay on top of testing while going through this process. You never know when the rock will become saturated. When it does, you will need to dial back the dosing...so be diligent in testing.

Steven Garland

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Depending on how long your rock was cured or if it was dry rock,both of which will have a different time frame before reaching a saturation point.

OP
OP
C

collinnelson9

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Stay on top of testing while going through this process. You never know when the rock will become saturated. When it does, you will need to dial back the dosing...so be diligent in testing.
Got home and glad I tested right away I’m now sitting at .1 so I’ll leave it be and keep testing and hopefully diatoms take over the dinos

kozzy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got home and glad I tested right away I’m now sitting at .1 so I’ll leave it be and keep testing and hopefully diatoms take over the dinos
hi there, I am in your position at the moment with zerod out phosphates from it just being absorbed into the sant and rocksand am going to buy neophos tomorrow. Was just wondering what ppm you dosed for and the frequency of your dosage. I was thinking of dosing to aim for 0.1-0.2 ppm initially since its likely just gonna test zero in a few hours anyway. Did you ever start dosing more than once a day in order to speed up the process/try and maintain some level of p04 in the water?

OP
OP
C

collinnelson9

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hi there, I am in your position at the moment with zerod out phosphates from it just being absorbed into the sant and rocksand am going to buy neophos tomorrow. Was just wondering what ppm you dosed for and the frequency of your dosage. I was thinking of dosing to aim for 0.1-0.2 ppm initially since its likely just gonna test zero in a few hours anyway. Did you ever start dosing more than once a day in order to speed up the process/try and maintain some level of p04 in the water?
I dosed 10 mL for a few days which comes out to be .1 increase in phosphate but since it was binding it never went up for 4 days of that dose then the 5th day it showed up

TOP 10 Trending Threads

Back