Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a float in my frag tank. that tank is feed from a return pump feed manfold. if the over flow in my frag tank becomes clogged. the float will signal open and turn off the return pump,. my gryes and alert me.

i just wish the sign between open and closed was instant. the delay in switching from open to close is about 30 secs. it like your hall lights going off 30 seconds after you flip the wall switch.so my frag may flood anyway for a few seconds. thats better than several hours.....i guess

can the delay time in the float switching signaling my apex, from open to close or vis era, be reduced or changed to instant?

AquaCave Logo Banner

Pistondog

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use a hard wired pushbutton for feed mode and also see a delay of 5 to 10 seconds.
Perhaps others can share if they see immediate response to switches, or if delay is due to apex io refresh.

piranhaman00

2500 Club Member
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a float in my frag tank. that tank is feed from a return pump feed manfold. if the over flow in my frag tank becomes clogged. the float will signal open and turn off the return pump,. my gryes and alert me.

i just wish the sign between open and closed was instant. the delay in switching from open to close is about 30 secs. it like your hall lights going off 30 seconds after you flip the wall switch.so my frag may flood anyway for a few seconds. thats better than several hours.....i guess

can the delay time in the float switching signaling my apex, from open to close or vis era, be reduced or changed to instant?

The signal is instant and will alert immediately. Make a virtual outlet that turns on when the float is activated. If you tell apex to turn off pump when float is activated it will turn off immediately, the delay is the visual on apex dashboard.

I had the same concern when I first used floats, set up a virtual outlet to better test it.

Top Shelf Aquatics

Pistondog

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The signal is instant and will alert immediately. Make a virtual outlet that turns on when the float is activated. If you tell apex to turn off pump when float is activated it will turn off immediately, the delay is the visual on apex dashboard.

I had the same concern when I first used floats, set up a virtual outlet to better test it.
The delay is observed by actuating the switch and waiting for the pump response, which is not immediate, but a few to 10 seconds in my case.
I agree there is another delay when using the phone app, which is understandable.

OP
OP
david campbell

david campbell

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so the action and the alert are instant and just the visual on my cellphone or tablet is delayed? this is good to know...
as for a virual outlet ive never made one or understood thier use. if the float switch and vitual switch preforming the same task, why have both?
i think i will revisit the use of a VO.

Last edited:

BZOFIQ

2500 Club Member
Review score
+5 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+5 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
I was testing I/O ports on the A2 version and the response is less than 1 second.

Not sure why you have such delay but make sure you don't have any DEFER statements in your programming.

Top Shelf Aquatics
Neptune

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Pacific East
Back