Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok: setting up a tank that is 84x36widex24high. Got a great deal on a 72" Spectra from a guy getting out of the hobby, with a couple Kessils plumbed into the unit. But, I am coming from T5 and LED before that, so MH is new to me (and with T5 in there to boot). I got 3 Luxcore Electronic ballasts to drive the light.

So, I know this can be personal opinion, but have three questions:

1. what is a good MH bulb selection to use with this setup? I see the Hamilton 20k's get good reviews and are a fair price.
2. Do I go three of the same MH bulb?
3. How much will the T5 bulbs impact the overall color, and what bulbs do you go with there given the MH bulbs?

Cheers.

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
AS

A. grandis

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok: setting up a tank that is 84x36widex24high. Got a great deal on a 72" Spectra from a guy getting out of the hobby, with a couple Kessils plumbed into the unit. But, I am coming from T5 and LED before that, so MH is new to me (and with T5 in there to boot). I got 3 Luxcore Electronic ballasts to drive the light.

So, I know this can be personal opinion, but have three questions:

1. what is a good MH bulb selection to use with this setup? I see the Hamilton 20k's get good reviews and are a fair price.
2. Do I go three of the same MH bulb?
3. How much will the T5 bulbs impact the overall color, and what bulbs do you go with there given the MH bulbs?

Cheers.
1. Yes, Hamilton 20K is great. You can use electronic ballasts with the Hamilton bulbs.
2. Yes, normally.
3. Nice blanket. You can use 4 X ATI Blue Plus bulbs, or 2 X ATI Blue Plus bulbs and 2 X ATI True Actinic bulbs.

Nutramar Foods

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
SaltwaterAquarium.com
Back