Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just hooked up my shily new BRS 4 stage rodi (150gpd water saver (2 membranes)) unit to replace my impulsively bought ao smith ro unit (haste makes waste). As it turns out, my supply provides a pressure of 67psi at the intake to the (first) membrane. I know the indicated low end is 50 psi for getting by without a pump, and I got the pump when I got the filter.

Now for the question that surely wasn't obvious from the title, is the added 10psi worth the cost or am I better served returning the pump and spending the money on new coral or the new baby that's coming?

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just hooked up my shily new BRS 4 stage rodi (150gpd water saver (2 membranes)) unit to replace my impulsively bought ao smith ro unit (haste makes waste). As it turns out, my supply provides a pressure of 67psi at the intake to the (first) membrane. I know the indicated low end is 50 psi for getting by without a pump, and I got the pump when I got the filter.

Now for the question that surely wasn't obvious from the title, is the added 10psi worth the cost or am I better served returning the pump and spending the money on new coral or the new baby that's coming?
I'm surprised you only get a 10gph increase with the pump...

OP
OP
Mschmidt

Mschmidt

Average Maybe
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm surprised you only get a 10gph increase with the pump...
10 is all I need to stay in the range provided "over 80psi and you risk the integrity of the housing" or something like that. It's also not hooked up yet.
Is it the Aquatic Pump. Their is a little allen head screw at the front bottom to adjust pressure.
It is the aquatec.

OP
OP
Mschmidt

Mschmidt

Average Maybe
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+1 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Return it! I get 35 psi- i need it! You don't mate! :) Spend it on the baby..

I wouldn't worry about the pump if it were me. You have plenty of pressure.

leaning that way.

I would run the pump, but I like to make the water as fast as possible. I run dual membranes and 80 psi.
I run dual membranes too (membrane 2 filters the waste water). tds pre DI is 6ish (on the first 3-5 gallons I've run).
I get 65 from the City, but I have my booster set to 100psi and I get a lower TDS with the higher flow. Also makes water faster.
I like the faster water making. push it to 4.5 gallons per sitcom up from the 3 it is now.

I'd like to drop tds out of the membrane from 6ish. If that would make DI last longer and would pay for itself in a yearish I might keep the pump. But as of now, thinking return it.

BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Black Label Aquatics
Back