Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so apparently I mixed up my waste water container with my water change container for a total of two water changes, one each week and I think the cause of it is this little issue. My tank water smells a bit funny, did a 25% water change to hopefully balance out the 20% I screwed up. I use a turtle clean 318 filter in my nano to serve as a safe and effective power head for circulation, I clean it once a month on average but man did that thing had some gunk I neglected the last week and I just cleaned it so hopefully my cyno goes Away. It’s hard stuck to every surface and I can’t vacuum it so I added some codium as a counter measure

Corals.com
OP
OP
Sethdarkus

Sethdarkus

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Like you keep a bucket of waste water laying around??? Im confused.

Hopefully issue goes away.
I keep a jug of nutri seawater around for 10-20% quick water changes and use a empty nutri seawater for waste water however I did write waste water on the cap thinking it was possible to mix them up months ago. lol, I do have a bucket of coral pro salt however my mixing heater isn’t working ordered a new one however I think it is in tracking limbo because it’s less than 2 hours away and has been on departed for over 24 hours. So I really can’t mix saltwater till I get that heater, it’s $60 dollars at local stores $17 from amazon lol. I feel like fish stores rip us off on equipment because everything filter/heater/sometimes lights are often way more expensive than on say amazon for same brand/manufacturer. So the only thing I do buy is live stock,plants or fish food and worms for my turtle lol.

Last edited:
www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
OP
OP
Sethdarkus

Sethdarkus

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haven’t done anything since I did that water change a few days ago. Red slime and cyno are going away so I guess a filter not being cleaned for a month was my issue well that and the codium is in the center of pest algae

Last edited:
Deltec

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Ecotech Marine
Back