Blue Tang looking pretty bad, Is this Lympho ?

Gondeep11

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
[HASH=55964]#fishmedic[/HASH]

I have been battling the lymphoma, following strict healthy diet, it's working on some fish very well, the Blue tang just looks awful,
I even see some black spots.... FYI I just completed dosing 15+ days and heavy dose of Polyp lab Medic, all fish are eating like pigs and water paramaters are spot on... Any thoughts,? Just don't want to miss something assuming this is all Lympho

Attachments

• IMG_2913.mp4
    10 MB
www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
World Wide Corals

Ben.QLD2

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's most definitely not lymphoma, but it could well be lymphocystis. The video under blue lights doesn't help but the gross features of lymphocystis are there. Symptoms will improve, just monitor diet and water quality.

threebuoys

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The video is just too blue and blurry to be able to diagnose. Sharp pictures and video under white light are really needed.

Please provide more detail about the fish. For example, how long have you had it? Did you QT in copper? What symptoms other than skin and fin blemishes have you noticed? Behavior swimming? Have you had other illnesses in the tank? Can you set up a QT?

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
[HASH=55964]#fishmedic[/HASH]

I have been battling the lymphoma, following strict healthy diet, it's working on some fish very well, the Blue tang just looks awful,
I even see some black spots.... FYI I just completed dosing 15+ days and heavy dose of Polyp lab Medic, all fish are eating like pigs and water paramaters are spot on... Any thoughts,? Just don't want to miss something assuming this is all Lympho

That isn't Lymphocystis. The spots seem too large to be ich. Hepatus tangs are producing skin mucus "plugs" when they are stressed - this could be that. The Polyp Lab is a peroxide salt, and it may have irritated the fish a bit.

Can you repost a video under white light? I might be able to see more clearly.

Jay

Nutramar Foods

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
Wisconsin - Florida delayed due 2 hurricane damage
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Agree with MEDIC. I have used it and its more effective with Velvet and less with ich. Some fish will get a reaction from its use. Its an oxiders containing traces of Metronidazole, and Peroxide acids which acts as a disinfectant
What foods are you feeding and how are you testing tank?

OP
OP
Gondeep11

Gondeep11

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Video below with better lighting... As far as food, every meal is infused with Selcon and Garlic, I'm giving a wide variety of all top quality foods, LRS, Reef Frenzy, Fish Frenzy, Rods etc.
After the Medic, I Did a 25% water change, and Started a large Carbon Reactor to remove Medic.

All the fish including this guy are acting normal and happy, He's eating as normal, I see no signs of stress. I've owned him now for 4 months with no previous issues. I do have A QT that I can use if needed when I get back from my trip Sunday.

Testing the tank, I have every test kit known to man, Red Sea, Hanna, Salifert, Tropic Marin, Salinity I Use Hanna, Milwaukee and a Old School Hydrometer and refract as back-up in case I see deviation.

I see an him once in a while scratch himself on a rock which is understandable....

The tank is very peaceful given the fish that are making it a home, the only addition that could cause some potential stress is an Australian Harlequin Tusk I just added.... I see zero signs of aggression towards an fish from anyone in the tank. (Very Fortunate)

All Fish were in QT under Observation for 30+ days with No medication other than the Tusk which went 30 days in Copper @2.5

Here's a better video... Video

Last edited:

vetteguy53081

Review score
+12 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Video below with better lighting... As far as food, every meal is infused with Selcon and Garlic, I'm giving a wide variety of all top quality foods, LRS, Reef Frenzy, Fish Frenzy, Rods etc.
After the Medic, I Did a 25% water change, and Started a large Carbon Reactor to remove Medic.

All the fish including this guy are acting normal and happy, He's eating as normal, I see no signs of stress. I've owned him now for 4 months with no previous issues. I do have A QT that I can use if needed when I get back from my trip Sunday.

Testing the tank, I have every test kit known to man, Red Sea, Hanna, Salifert, Tropic Marin, Salinity I Use Hanna, Milwaukee and a Old School Hydrometer and refract as back-up in case I see deviation.

I see an him once in a while scratch himself on a rock which is understandable....

The tank is very peaceful given the fish that are making it a home, the only addition that could cause some potential stress is an Australian Harlequin Tusk I just added.... I see zero signs of aggression towards an fish from anyone in the tank. (Very Fortunate)

All Fish were in QT under Observation for 30+ days with No medication other than the Tusk which went 30 days in Copper @2.5

Here's a better video...Video
beautiful video. I wish all were like this.
The tang is showing Mucus cones and is not Lympho nor Ich. Medic will likely do nothing for it. this seems to affect both powder blue and hepatus blue tangs for some reason opposed to other tangs and fish. This often derives from some type of skin irritant or infection and show up as cones when scratched or rubbed on objects. Often its a reaction to previous copper use, or other skin or secondary issue.
Prevention is often Good water quality and diet and there really is no treatment other maintaining water quality which you seem to have a handle on. While its not proven, I have heard of treatment with PraziPro helping and if it the case, you can sure try ruby Rally Pro which is reef safe also

OP
OP
Gondeep11

Gondeep11

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@vetteguy53081 Thanks bud, Sorry the first video was not better... I'm somewhat relieved it is not something more severe and the fish shows no signs of stress... I will just continue with proper diet and water quality, which is something I strive for always. I am running a 57 watt UV, not sure that will help but none-the less, I don't think it will hurt...

Thanks again, I'm leaving for 3 days and wish I could monitor more closely but have to take this trip...

I'm going to take a stab at ruby Rally Pro if this doesn't improve in the next few days...

Have a great weekend!

vetteguy53081

Review score
+12 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+12 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
@vetteguy53081 Thanks bud, Sorry the first video was not better... I'm somewhat relieved it is not something more severe and the fish shows no signs of stress... I will just continue with proper diet and water quality, which is something I strive for always. I am running a 57 watt UV, not sure that will help but none-the less, I don't think it will hurt...

Thanks again, I'm leaving for 3 days and wish I could monitor more closely but have to take this trip...

I'm going to take a stab at ruby Rally Pro if this doesn't improve in the next few days...

Have a great weekend!
UV will help but with free floating organisms and not what is pre-existing.

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Visit Detroit Reef Club
Back