Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m looking for personal experiences with the blue face kleini butterfly fish.

1) is it a docile fish, prone to starvation from aggressive fish? I lost a CBB because of bullies.

2) eat aiptasia? Eat corals? Eat the standard mix of mysis/brine/clam/pod/nori mix I feed everyone else?

3) planning on adding this and also a lemonpeel angel, to hopefully divert aggression a bit

Any and all advice and direction appreciated:D

Nutramar Foods

ShepherdReefer

5000 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is a good question and a tough one. I always say you must have enough space for a fish to grow. If you do, get them young and feed them, so they won't try them. Of course, some do, and some don't. To answer your question, I cannot help.

OP
OP
ilikefish69

ilikefish69

Kind of a Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is a good question and a tough one. I always say you must have enough space for a fish to grow. If you do, get them young and feed them, so they won't try them. Of course, some do, and some don't. To answer your question, I cannot help.
Oh i have plenty of room, its a 6‘ 125 and there’re 11 fish less than 3” and then a full frown kole tang who rules the roost, she lets every new fish quickly know whos boss, went in 3rd and fish 4-13 were successful minus the coperband. I ask because i know they are of the same species(?) of classification butterflyfish. I dont know if its in the “it will be fine after 2 days” category or “it will starve after 2 weeks like the cbb did due to harassment”

Orphek OR3 reef aquarium LED bar
BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Top Shelf Aquatics
Back