+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all,

So I posted about my clown on the treatment form and figured out that she is blind. I was wondering if anyone has any tips on how to care for her? I tried to feed her with a pipet but she got a few pieces but when they float away she cant find them. Im not sure how old she is. She does have a partner and he is just fine and can see. Seems like he looks out for her. They are new, only had them 3 days. They are in their own 32 gallon biocube with hermit crabs. Do I need to do anything special with the rock work? Currently have about 30 pounds of live rock.

I attached photos of the rock work. Also attached a picture of her and her mate because they are gorgeous. She also hangs out in the back of the tank near the sand, which is why l was asking about rockwork.

image.jpg 9C81CBE2-F1C0-44EF-A0D0-0FB46E88F324.jpeg 62681C58-CA53-4678-8CEA-88FC983EFE26.jpeg

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

JPM San Diego

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I kept a blind cinnamon clownfish alive using black worms. I would let them slowly sink and "land" on her forehead.
She learned to slurp them in once she detected them. Feeding was a slow and laborious process.
I kept for quite a time and then gave her away to a person who had more time on his hands.

OP
OP
littlefoxx

littlefoxx

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I kept a blind cinnamon clownfish alive using black worms. I would let them slowly sink and "land" on her forehead.
She learned to slurp them in once she detected them. Feeding was a slow and laborious process.
I kept for quite a time and then gave her away to a person who had more time on his hands.
Ah okay I might give those a try! Did you do anything special for her with your rockwork?

Nutramar Foods

JPM San Diego

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This was many years ago. Mid 1980's if I recall. Back in those days we used subsand filters. We were not using live rock as our biological filter surface. As best I recall I had her in a small tank without much in the way of decorations.

jabberwock

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At this point, I would not rearrange anything. She will learn the landscape eventually, but may never move around a whole bunch. I know nothing about blind fish, but my father is blind...

Turn off your pumps and flow right before you feed her. She will learn that this is an indicator that food is about to be available.

Nutramar

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Back