+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

First of all, can someone confirm that this coral (top center, orange) is bleached, or is it just not happy in general? (it's actually less "orange" IRL, I think my phone bumps up the saturation)

Second, if it is too close to the lights... is there a safe way to remove it? It's really latched onto the rock.

20230430_151700-01.jpeg

20230430_151653-01.jpeg

Thanks!

Top Shelf Aquatics

blaxsun

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It actually looks fine from where I'm viewing. I generally just leave my mushrooms alone unless they become attached, something is stinging them or they can be moved on an existing rock/frag plug.

You have a lot of algae growth in the back so you might want to deal (scrape) with that sooner as opposed to later. Without knowing your PAR, flow or lighting it's hard to recommend any changes (other than if everything else is doing fine they're probably fine).

OP
OP
Jesse Sunday

Jesse Sunday

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It actually looks fine from where I'm viewing. I generally just leave my mushrooms alone unless they become attached, something is stinging them or they can be moved on an existing rock/frag plug.

You have a lot of algae growth in the back so you might want to deal (scrape) with that sooner as opposed to later. Without knowing your PAR, flow or lighting it's hard to recommend any changes (other than if everything else is doing fine they're probably fine).
Thanks for your reply. I have an urchin and three snails that I thought would do a better job at keeping the algae under control... (as well as a sump full of thriving Chaeto) but as you can see, it's flourishing on the back. :)

Lighting is the stock Biocube 32 LED.

I'll leave him alone for now I guess. I just thought he'd be more striking orange.

Thanks!

CLICK TO VIEW

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Back