Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had this Biota Yellow Tang for just over two weeks. It is a per active fish that eats well and is getting more and more yellow by the day.

I just noticed something attached to its side. It looks like the thickness of an eyelash. You can see it a few seconds into the video when it turns to the left. Any ideas on what this may be? I just got back from a week-long work trip, but I don't recall seeing this before I left, so I think it's relatively new. I'm not seeing anything like this on other fish in the tank.

Thanks for your help!

Tank Reference:
90-gallon
just over 3 months old
2 Clowns, 1 Royal Gamma Basslet (Biota), 1 Yellow Tank (Biota)

Last edited:
Top Shelf Aquatics
OP
OP
Rob1208

Rob1208

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Eeuu. Looks parasitic. Can you catch the tang? A freshwater dip should knock whatever that is off.
Freshwater dip was the first thing that came to mind, but I've never actually done one before... I can TRY to catch the tang, but she is pretty quick and there are way too many hiding places.

How long should the freshwater dip be? Then do you just put the fish back in the tank or easy it back in by adding some tank water to the dip? Thanks!

Tired

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I haven't done a freshwater dip on a saltwater fish in way too long, I don't remember all the timings. I could get you an answer, but I'd just be Googling it, so you may as well do that on your end.

For catching the tang, try luring it out with food. You may have some luck baiting it into a large open ziploc bag, if you haven't tried to catch it yet and it isn't spooked.

BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Back