Biota mandarin fish and overflows?

afboundguy

acanaholic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I purchased a pair of mandarin fish from Biota last week and the first few days I had them in an acclimation box and wanted to keep them in a few days longer but the male got out so I released them both.

They had been eating in the acclimation box and I saw them eating frozen, pellet, freshly hatched BBS and white worms.

The past two days I haven't seen the female but I have seen the male. The female was super tiny and I am wondering if she went down the overflow? She basically was staying in the corner by the BBS disk I have set up which made spot feeding pellet and frozen food!

I do have several RBTAs but they are up near the top of the rockwork so that could be a possibility but I have never lost one to an anemone before. I am hoping she is just in the crevices of the rockwork since there are tons of pods but my rockwork isn't that bulky as I went minimalistic.

I am planning on trying to take the rocks out of the return section of the sump the next few days but I have been checking with a flashlight but it's not very easy to check as it's a tight space...

PotatoPig

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine got sucked into the overflow and somehow survived in the drain compartment for ~4 days before I found it.

Put it back in the tank and 30 mins later it’s acting like nothing ever happened.

OP
OP
afboundguy

afboundguy

acanaholic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I checked the overflow box the past few days and haven't seen it but I will focus on searching the return section tomorrow after work thanks!

Luckily I don't have any filter socks and haven't set up my filter socks setup!

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HAVE YOU EVER KEPT A RARE/UNCOMMON FISH, CORAL, OR INVERT? SHOW IT OFF IN THE THREAD!

• Yes!

Votes: 32 45.7%
  • Not yet, but I have one that I want to buy in mind!

Votes: 9 12.9%
  • No.

Votes: 26 37.1%
  • Other (please explain).

Votes: 3 4.3%
Back