Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We sell a lot of bio cubes and have set up a few in the office. Currently, my favorite setup is to keep the filter cartridge in place remove the media rack and make a big fuge in the middle. The only media is the cartridge and you have nothing else you need to replace. We use 2 White Eco Chic lights magnet mounted to the back glass to light the fuge.
20230116_141936.jpg
20230116_142009.jpg

www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com
OP
OP
M

Metro44

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We sell a lot of bio cubes and have set up a few in the office. Currently, my favorite setup is to keep the filter cartridge in place remove the media rack and make a big fuge in the middle. The only media is the cartridge and you have nothing else you need to replace. We use 2 White Eco Chic lights magnet mounted to the back glass to light the fuge. View attachment 2978017View attachment 2978019
what does the refuge consist of im a newbie at this

MarineandReef Jaron

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The fuge, or refugium is just a place to grow beneficial algae. The algae in the back compartment outcompete the algae in the display keeping your display clean while also removing nutrients. All you do is add the lights plug them into a timer. Set the timer to turn the lights on opposite your display lights and then add some algae. (normally Chaetomorpha) When the chamber is full throw out 1/2-1/3rd of the algae and then let it regrow. I have an article on refugiums linked below.

OP
OP
M

Metro44

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The fuge, or refugium is just a place to grow beneficial algae. The algae in the back compartment outcompete the algae in the display keeping your display clean while also removing nutrients. All you do is add the lights plug them into a timer. Set the timer to turn the lights on opposite your display lights and then add some algae. (normally Chaetomorpha) When the chamber is full throw out 1/2-1/3rd of the algae and then let it regrow. I have an article on refugiums linked below.

Do I run that with carbon or take out carbon completely? bio too?

Orphek OR3 reef aquarium LED bar

MarineandReef Jaron

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can run carbon if you want but the filter cartridge still has carbon in it so we just use the cartridge and replace it regularly. I use no bio media because the algae basically is biomedia. Our office tank isn't fancy but it does very well for a tank that we take care of while working. We really don't want high-maintenance displays in the office. Here is a pic of it today. It has been 2 months since the last water change so sorry it is a bit rough.
BioCube Pic.jpg

MarineandReef Jaron

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We started with a Tunze 6040 but then switched to an octopulse 2 so we could test it with hydros. it works but if we go above 15% power all the sand blows off the front bottom. I would recommend the 6040 for most people.

Top Shelf Aquatics
AS
BRS

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Kessil
Back