Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got 3 Bimac Anthias yesterday and two of them have completely almost wedged themselves into the rocks. One of them has been doing it since last night when I put them in and only moves when another fish comes by. The other one was doing fine this morning but is now doing the same thing. They are both laying sideways wedged into the rocks. They move every now and then but not much. The 3rd one seems fine thus far. Is this normal behavior? I'm a bit worried if they both die because I don't have a CUC yet and they are in a part of the rock structure that would be really hard to take apart and get to. The DT tank is 130 gallons and the sump is 30 gallons. If they do die and I can't get to them, is the worst case scenario an ammonia spike? I have a Neptune DOS automatically changing 3 gallons of water each morning. Should I increase this to help with a potential ammonia spike if they do in fact die? I've been going so slow with this tank and now I'm worried that the other fish are going to suffer (1 rock beauty, 1 niger trigger, 1 blue tang, 1 tomini tang, 1 flame angel, and 2 maroon clowns). Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!

BRS

JGT

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Normal behavior, esp for new anthias. I have anthias that sleep upside down, wedged in the rocks. They like the security the rocks give them.

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
UNLEASH THE FULL POTENTIAL OF YOUR REEF
Back