Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Picked up a bicolor angle that has shown no interest in frozen mysis or live brine shrimp.

It attacks and seems to eat seaweed but doesn’t seem interested in anything suspended in the water. Constantly pecking at the live rock, seems a little skinny to me. Any thoughts on getting this guy to eat?

Maybe try Formula 1, flakes or pellets? Assuming this guy came straight from the ocean

Currently in a 45 gallon tank under observation.

Last edited:
www.dinkinsaquaticgardens.com

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Picked up a bicolor angle that has shown no interest in frozen mysis or live brine shrimp.

It attacks and seems to eat seaweed but doesn’t seem interested in anything suspended in the water. Constantly pecking at the live rock, seems a little skinny to me. Any thoughts on getting this guy to eat?

Maybe try Formula 1, flakes or pellets? Assuming this guy came straight from the ocean

Currently in a 45 gallon tank under observation.

Odd that it is picking at algae, but wouldn't take live brine.

How long have you had it?
Was it eating for the store before you go it?

Many people report Masstick works for them with some fish. Other items to try would be live tubifex/black worms, or live clams on the half shell.

Some bicolor angels were collected with cyanide. That can leave them with eating disorders. There is no way to tell that in advance, other than to ask to see the fish eat before you buy it.

Jay

OP
OP
Chrisz

Chrisz

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Odd that it is picking at algae, but wouldn't take live brine.

How long have you had it?
Was it eating for the store before you go it?

Many people report Masstick works for them with some fish. Other items to try would be live tubifex/black worms, or live clams on the half shell.

Some bicolor angels were collected with cyanide. That can leave them with eating disorders. There is no way to tell that in advance, other than to ask to see the fish eat before you buy it.

Jay
I did ask them to feed before i bought, couldn’t see it eat, didn’t want to come out while I was standing there unfortunately, took a gamble. Ordered Masstick today. I have had it for 8 days now, looks beautiful does not seem stressed, housed with a blue hippo tang no ick yet, prepared to do Hypo when it appears, only 2 fish in the tank

Last edited:
Top Shelf Aquatics

Fichmiester

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a Bi-Color die on me after about 15 days in QT. Was not eating at all, and was very timid in the tank.
Bought a second one and did a 14 day QT instead of the full cycle. He has been in my DT for about 8 months now, no issues, no sickness, and eats comfortably...he's a passive little guy compared to my flame angel and talbots....but he eats consistently, just not the plumpest fish in the tank.

Nutramar

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%
Tropic Marin USA
Back