Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What RO systems do yall use and what's your average ppm? Recently, I've been using the Puratek 150GPD Deluxe for about 3-4months, and have noticed my ppm has gone from 0-8 very steadily. I havent noticed any changes in my tank(s) and I figured 8ppm was too little of most things to seriously injure anything, however, I do like seeing it say 0ppm for that extra extra clean water. Any recommendations on how to maintain filters efficiently? ive heard just rinsing them out with RO helps a lot, but I was wondering if theres anything else I could do or that you guys do that works for you. for reference I live in San Diego so our tap water is far from the best...

Spare time

10K Club member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like to flush them everytime they turn on, as well as use a bypass to prevent the flush water from entering the DI resin as that can use up the resin very rapidly. I use the brs 4 stage and usually get 3 tds into the DI and 0 out. Unless you know what is slipping pass the RO membrane, I recommend 0tds

LeftyReefer

2500 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the Puratek 100gpd (non deluxe) system, that I bought back when MD was being taken over by BRS. paid $80 at the time. I added a triple in-line TDS meter and a DI bypass valve.
I haven't had to change any of my filters yet and it's still producing 0 TDS. In fact, I often get 0 TDS right out of the RO membrane, before it even hits the DI stage.

I did add in a DI bypass valve, after the RO membrane, before the DI stage. This allows me to flush the RO membrane and dump the high TDS flush water down the drain rather then sending it through the DI stage. I flush my RO membrane before and after every use, sending it all down the drain.

Right now during the colder winter months my city source water is usually around 80 TDS, and my RO membrane manages to remove all of it. I get 0 TDS before it even hits my DI stage. During the warmer summer months, the incoming water is closer to 100 TDS and I usually get 1 TDS out of my RO membrane, and 0 TDS after the DI stage.
So my DI stage only does minimal work half the year, little to nothing the other half.

My incoming source water is pretty good, so my filters have all lasted a good long while... my DI stage isn't even showing any color change yet and I've had the system up and running and making all my water since last July. (knock on wood)

I did end up adding a 5th stage, just so I could add another low micron carbon block just in case my municipal water system decides to start adding more chlorine or chloramines to the water unannounced.

Corals.com
AI Nero 5

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Back