+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Dr. Reef

Healthy quarantined fish - extremely reasonable shipping and guarantee. I would not hesitate to buy from him. I have a tank full of Dr. Reef fishes.
do you find they are responsive to emails? i ask because several weeks ago i submitted a request for a quote for some species i'm interested in obtaining in the near future but have not received a reply

nuxx

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ah that's so sick!! I'm relatively new to the hobby, haven't been to any shows :O I'll have to keep a lookout for shows in Austin!

What stores are still around in Austin?

I haven't bought from a LFS in a long time, but used to go to Aquadome.

Could always try us...

Plus you get to ask @Eric Cohen all your burning questions about livestock ;)

Eric Cohen

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
do you find they are responsive to emails? i ask because several weeks ago i submitted a request for a quote for some species i'm interested in obtaining in the near future but have not received a reply
Im gonna go out on a limb here and say NOBODY offers customer service like I do.....it's my passion and do it for the love of it, so helping hobbyists is very enjoyable.....I pride myself on customer service and do my best to answer all text messages and emails right away. Who else posts their cell phone number on public forums? 818 269-8903. Just hit me up. Tankstop.com

Nutramar Foods

PhishMonger84

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im gonna go out on a limb here and say NOBODY offers customer service like I do.....it's my passion and do it for the love of it, so helping hobbyists is very enjoyable.....I pride myself on customer service and do my best to answer all text messages and emails right away. Who else posts their cell phone number on public forums? 818 269-8903. Just hit me up. Tankstop.com
Thank you Eric. i will certainly keep you in mind as i take this journey.

is there a better time of the year to source the golden heart trig?

Eric Cohen

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you Eric. i will certainly keep you in mind as i take this journey.

is there a better time of the year to source the golden heart trig?
That’s a fish only coming from one region which is Ghana. They are around year round but not everyone imports from there. Might have to encourage some peeps to do an order for them!

PhishMonger84

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s a fish only coming from one region which is Ghana. They are around year round but not everyone imports from there. Might have to encourage some peeps to do an order for them!
thank you, I will bug you further when theres water in the tank:cool:

Nutramar Foods

PhishMonger84

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gold hearts are pretty mean but beautiful. I guess it comes with the territory
Hmm- the limited accounts I’ve read of them is that they’re assertive but not aggressive like an Oscar in freshwater.

there may end up being a different mixture but I’d be remised if I didn’t at least attempt to source one.
What, if any triggers do you enjoy ?

Eric Cohen

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmm- the limited accounts I’ve read of them is that they’re assertive but not aggressive like an Oscar in freshwater.

there may end up being a different mixture but I’d be remised if I didn’t at least attempt to source one.
What, if any triggers do you enjoy ?
I personally like all the nicer trigger types, like Bluejaw Triggers, Sargassum Triggers, Niger triggers etc.....And of the Xanthichthys members.

AquaCave Logo Banner

WetPringleChip

Community Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everybody I've got a fairly new tank(210) and I'm looking to stock it. My LFS has a descent selection but can be pricey. So alot of them I get online, I believe there's at least 5 or 6 sites. I've only ordered from Saltwaterfish.com and Iive Aquaria. Just wondering if anybody has used anyone else? Or what there experiences are with these too?
Thanks!
For clowns i absolutely love coralreeftn.com
never had any issues. They stand behind their quality, and health. Guarantee on the fish alongside super clean and thick packaging. Very very good prices for longfins and other types. Ive called them and asked. Theyll give advice and sure enough my clown picked itself right back up. Just super stressed because of ups delay. Im not sure but they might sell other aqua cultured fish. They also added free food (made by them specially) that the fish are grown on and that can be used to switch them over to your choice or as a tester before ordering the company food itself.

littlefoxx

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everybody I've got a fairly new tank(210) and I'm looking to stock it. My LFS has a descent selection but can be pricey. So alot of them I get online, I believe there's at least 5 or 6 sites. I've only ordered from Saltwaterfish.com and Iive Aquaria. Just wondering if anybody has used anyone else? Or what there experiences are with these too?
Thanks!
Blue zoo! Ive got several fish from them. All come in great health and never had an issue with them. They were the only fish that actually survived a velvet outbreak in my tank…

Nutramar Foods

zoomonster

Valuable Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I absolutely will never order from LA again. Used them for years but they went to hell in the years after Petco took over. I had a couple orders in the past couple years and what I got was starving, emaciated, dying or dead fish. The powder blue tang they sent me was all bones, diseased and never made it out of acclimation. When I used my store credit the same thing happened, and I had to demand a full CC refund.

I got two orders from fish4less (drop shipped from somewhere in CA) and the quality was excellent with 1 male/2female resplendent anthias, multicolor angel, orange peel angel, african flameback angel and a maine blizzard percula. All still alive and well except one female anthias which just goes with the territory of buying anthias. The catch there is they only have a 2 hour guarantee unless you pay extra for it. I see even WWC is now doing the drop ship thing from CA.

Reading this thread turned me on to NY Aquatics (I had kind of forgotten about) and I actually just ordered a powder blue tang (I've been looking for), green coris and a couple cleaner shrimp. As others have said, the prices are good BUT it looks like they are charging full retail Fedex shipping prices. $179.8 of fish cost $66.28 for Fedex overnight from NY to FL. I got what I was looking for but when you factor what they charge for shipping not as much of a deal.

Never been terribly impressed with local fish other than a favorite place that went out of business. There are places around but much simpler ordering online than driving 25-40 miles and dealing with traffic.

Eric Cohen

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I absolutely will never order from LA again. Used them for years but they went to hell in the years after Petco took over. I had a couple orders in the past couple years and what I got was starving, emaciated, dying or dead fish. The powder blue tang they sent me was all bones, diseased and never made it out of acclimation. When I used my store credit the same thing happened, and I had to demand a full CC refund.
I got two orders from fish4less (drop shipped from somewhere in CA) and the quality was excellent with 1 male/2female resplendent anthias, multicolor angel, orange peel angel, african flameback angel and a maine blizzard percula. All still alive and well except one female anthias which just goes with the territory of buying anthias. The catch there is they only have a 2 hour guarantee unless you pay extra for it. I see even WWC is now doing the drop ship thing from CA.

Reading this thread turned me on to NY Aquatics (I had kind of forgotten about) and I actually just ordered a powder blue tang (I've been looking for), green coris and a couple cleaner shrimp. As others have said, the prices are good BUT it looks like they are charging full retail Fedex shipping prices. $179.8 of fish cost $66.28 for Fedex overnight from NY to FL. I got what I was looking for but when you factor what they charge for shipping not as much of a deal.

Never been terribly impressed with local fish other than a favorite place that went out of business. There are places around but much simpler ordering online than driving 25-40 miles and dealing with traffic.
I appreciate your post. Check my site out sometime and I’m here to help you thru your orders. Tankstop.com

thanks! Eric

Last edited:
Top Shelf Aquatics

Eric Cohen

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've looked at NY Aquatic a few times and would never buy from them with the outrageous shipping.
I offer free shipping at $250. Even less than that and I have a flat rate of $39.99.

PhishMonger84

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've looked at NY Aquatic a few times and would never buy from them with the outrageous shipping.
i just played with a shopping cart it was $36.00. you must be in like FL or CA, which means you have the benefit of being near so many shops. there isnt too many in the northeast

Polyp polynomial: How many heads do you start with when buying zoas?

• One head is enough to get started.

Votes: 27 10.6%
  • 2 to 4 heads.

Votes: 145 57.1%
  • 5 heads or more.

Votes: 65 25.6%
  • Full colony.

Votes: 10 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 2.8%

Back